Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 192958 times)

Barnacle

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1620 on: April 23, 2020, 11:58:13 AM »

Thanks Jaypo! She really does know how very fortunate she's been, as we all do.

Tc

« Reply #1621 on: April 23, 2020, 01:44:21 PM »

Great news barnacle  :)
Glad your scan is going ahead Teresa xx

Ladies, I see that a group of 25 doctors have written to Matt Hancock on the subject of the 7 day isolation advice from start of symptoms which, as we know,  Is at odds with WHO advice of 14 days from end of symptoms. This is prompted by  their experience of what they have seen clinically. 

These docs  are also concerned that the public advice about symptoms of covid is not being revised to include other symptoms they are frequently seeing.

I am amazed that they have had to write Hancock. Is this vital info from the frontline  not getting through to the govt?
Xx

Sparrow

« Reply #1622 on: April 23, 2020, 01:47:34 PM »

Nothing amazes me anymore.  At the start of all this I thought the government was doing okay.  Seems I was wrong and their failings mount by the day.

Not good.

Barnacle

« Reply #1623 on: April 23, 2020, 01:57:36 PM »

Bless you Teresa, i am keeping you in my thoughts xx

Thank you TC! x

I am going to stop watching the daily update now, they say one thing one day, three days later say the bleedin' opposite. Chris Whitty looked like he had the right arse ache about something yesterday.

Katejo

« Reply #1624 on: April 23, 2020, 02:41:18 PM »

Nothing amazes me anymore.  At the start of all this I thought the government was doing okay.  Seems I was wrong and their failings mount by the day.

Not good.
What made you think that the Government was doing ok at the beginning? I didn't have that impression.

Sparrow

« Reply #1625 on: April 23, 2020, 02:58:25 PM »

Not good.
What made you think that the Government was doing ok at the beginning? I didn't have that impression.

Well for the first five minutes maybe.  Now Raab looks like a rabbit, caught in car headlights and all the deception about the EU joint purchase fiasco.  Plus so much else.  If this crisis pans out better than expected it will be more luck than judgement.

ElkWarning

« Reply #1626 on: April 23, 2020, 03:15:53 PM »

Interesting article here, Shadyglade, about all those non existent Chinese students - https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/apr/10/uk-universities-fear-huge-budget-holes-as-chinese-students-stay-home

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1627 on: April 23, 2020, 03:31:41 PM »

Until Boris et al caught the virus I thought the government was doing OK.  The UK wasn't quick enough in it's responses, knowing that this virus was likely from the meeting in 2014.  Then it became 'we've won the War so we don't need to worry, it won't get us'.  Knowing that we are 40,000 nurses short.  Apparently in Sweden they are running as normal because their health service is fully staffed 24/7. So nothing has been cancelled or postponed and any patient with Covid-19 has been isolated - they were prepared.

Tc - the government has no knowledge of industry; NHS; education; care in the community; care homes   ..........   they are men off the street in a position that they have no idea how to manage. 

Nightingales - won't be used en-masse unless there's a huge spike, due to lack of Staff.  Can't spread the amount of staff from a Hospital already set up with ICU to a 'nightingale'.  They are more likely to be morgues.  Had a long talk with my sister earlier and they have got PPE - yesterday after asking for 3 years  :o.

CLKD

« Reply #1628 on: April 23, 2020, 03:41:22 PM »

One has to be realistic.  a) we don't have the staff to man hospitals and nightingales and b) don't have mortuary space either. 

Some nightingales have been used, a few patients were discharged earlier this week.  But it's not in the media limelight!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1629 on: April 23, 2020, 03:45:45 PM »

Well I think what the Government has done is pretty impressive.  My friend's Dad is now back at home recovering from Coronavirus and she agrees.  He had 10 days in hospital and is home on a small amount of oxygen.  There are people like him, all over the country, going home after beating Coronavirus. I think we have a lot to be thankful for.

The Govt have secured ventilators, we have excess capacity in beds, we have field hospitals to bear the brunt if necessary and the NHS is not collapsing or being overwhelmed. They have worked tirelessly, day and night to deal with this pandemic, the likes of which we have never seen before.  The opposition love to complain about everything and say they could do better yet they come up with no alternatives.  Something they could do is volunteer to take part in the CV vaccine trials but they never will! 

CLKD

« Reply #1630 on: April 23, 2020, 03:48:58 PM »

? excess bed capacity ? by stopping all other medicatal requirements.  No cancer treatments, no breast screening, no investigations other than C-19 or via A&E. 

The media do need to get a job.  They need to report on all those that have got well against all those that haven't.  And why.

Sparrow

« Reply #1631 on: April 23, 2020, 04:11:23 PM »

It's amazing how all these cabinet ministers are praising the NHS now, when just a few years ago they voted down a nurses pay rise.

It's all very well clapping, but what they need is PPE and decent pay and conditions.

CLKD

« Reply #1632 on: April 23, 2020, 04:30:37 PM »

PPE is there.  Apparently there's a delivery hold up ?!? why not use coaches that have been mothballed then?  Or lorry companies off the road? 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1633 on: April 23, 2020, 06:02:57 PM »

The b*@#*@d government should be giving those nurses, and everyone who works in health care a large wage increase. Without them, where would we be?

Did anyone see in the paper how this company are making PPE but the government won't buy them off them. They can knock out stuff really quickly, but no, they?re having to sell them abroad. Doesn't make sense.

Kathleen

« Reply #1634 on: April 23, 2020, 06:27:44 PM »

Hello ladies

I remember a few years ago this government voted against a pay rise for nurses and doctors. They also dismantled purchasing and procurement schemes that would be useful now. If that wasn't bad enough they refused to prepare for a pandemic as advised by a report written in 2016.

I hope good things come out of this crisis and that inspite of it all the world will be a better place in the future.

Take care ladies.

K.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 179