Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Please advise ....  (Read 3079 times)

Kmorris

Re: Please advise ....
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 08:21:47 PM »

I have just written down some 'concerns' to talk to Dr. about.
Sheila, you are right...I will ask for a smear test as well...I might as well get it all done at once if I can.
I am so frightened now, I know I will be a wreck in morning.
Thank you you all so much for your kind advice it is so very much appreciated. xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 08:39:15 PM »

Good luck Kmorris

Hope all goes well. Just imagine all of us lovely ladies in the room with you holding your hand.
Were all with you in spirit...
Let us know how you get on.

Xx
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 10:56:04 PM by jillydoll »

Bobidy

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2020, 08:41:40 PM »

I second that.

2 minutes of discomfort to save your life is sooooo important. We are really lucky to have this free lifesaving test.

You owe it to yourself and your body to have a check up. Go in feeling empowered that you are taking control of your health and plan a treat for after.

Often nurses are better for doing examinations as they usually have longer appointment times.

Perhaps get a mirror and look down there so you get used to your body again.

Kmorris

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 04:55:30 PM »

Hello Ladies,

Managed to get the appt with lady Doctor today. I explained my concerns and was glad to have written everything down as my heart was thumping with nerves.
I had an internal examination and asked for the smallest  instrument explaining my reason and she was very gentle, but I was in some discomfort, which to be honest I was expecting.

Apparently everything down below looked fine ( no thrush) although she did take a swab but said she expected it to be normal. Apparently I am very dry which is causing the soreness and she said I am tight and the cervix is very narrow. But everything looked healthy...she asked if sex had ever been painful for me... but it wasn't ever painful. I have always done a few pelvic floor exercises maybe a few times a month...maybe that and getting older and not doing anything has made everything shrink?
She asked how I was getting on with the Vagifem so I explained that I had taken it back to the chemist. ???
I explained why and so she has given me some cream called Silk to try, this is for the dryness and will hopefully make me more comfortable and allow me to get used to applying it  :( if this doesn't do the trick I have to go back and get the Vagifem....she said she would not advise a smear test as at the moment the cervix is too narrow and dry and it would be too painful.

I now feel as if I've been kicked and can't sit down properly  :-\
At least today is nearly over. Hopefully this cream might give me some relief...if not then I know I will have to go back for the Vagifem. My plan is to see what happens with this Silk, if it doesn't work I will have to try and use the Vagifem as I don't really have much choice.

When I feel more comfortable I've decided to make an appt for the smear test. I hate the thought of it but know I have to be sensible and not this bag of nerves.
Oh whatever happened to the woman I used to be?  :'(

Bobidy

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2020, 06:22:35 PM »

Well done you!

That all sounds positive. The sylk is just a vaginal moisturiser that doesn't contain any nasties so should not irritate, you can use it outside and inside.

There is a YES moisturiser and also lubricant that you can buy online and experiment with internally. These will help lots when inserting the Vagifem.

It's a shame the gp didn't give you Ovestin or estriol oestrogen cream to start to use outside and gently inside as this would start to plump up the tissues before starting Vagifem a little higher up.

It's a great start though to get you used to things.

Maybe set yourself some milestones to use the moisturiser for a month, request the oestrogen cream and use that for a couple of months, then combine this with Vagifem.

You could maybe have another internal at 6 months and smear after that.

I hope you feel more in control. Look how far you have come just in the last couple of days x

Kmorris

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2020, 06:58:47 PM »

Thank you for all your advice, Bobidy, what you have said sounds like a good plan.....I will do it.
Everyone who has posted with advice, you have all been so kind. Thank you.

It's a shame there isn't something we could drink that would oil our insides instead of having to do all this other business.   :)

I will keep you updated on how I get on.
In the meantime I will read the forum, you have all been so generous with your time and advice so if I see anything I think I may be able to help someone with I will jump in.
xxx

Thank you again xx

Kmorris

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 10:57:16 PM »

Ladies....
I have been applying the silk to the outside, but....
I am having problems.
I feel sore higher up but cannot get in to get the gel in....I am trying to use my finger but ...I'm not sure which way to go....this is really difficult for me, it just feels like I can't go any further and I'm cringing. I feel as if I am just closed up....I know that's not possible as the doctor examined me with the small spectrum. What can I do?
Pages: 1 [2]