Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Yes VM and Vagifem  (Read 4429 times)

Donnadoobie

Yes VM and Vagifem
« on: February 03, 2020, 09:08:15 PM »

Started using Vagifem yesterday night.  My question is how should I go about using YES VM, to keep moisturised while the estrogen is still not enough?  I always use it at night but Inthink this will stop absorption.  Should I use it in the morning instead?

Any help or advice welcome.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Yes VM and Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 09:34:08 AM »

Hi.  Vagifem goes into the vagina, yes?   Using the other products on the outer labia will keep that area less dry which means it won't itch as much.  How often to you apply the YES VM?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 06:49:01 PM »

Hi Donnadoobie

I think Yes is inserted in the vag? I've never used a vag moisturiser but I seem to remember others posting on here that the Yes should not be used at the same time as Vagifem  maybe not even the same day? Hopefully one of the VA  experts will be along to  confirm whether or not?

Hurdity x

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 09:20:09 PM »

Started using Vagifem yesterday night.  My question is how should I go about using YES VM, to keep moisturised while the estrogen is still not enough?  I always use it at night but Inthink this will stop absorption.  Should I use it in the morning instead?

Any help or advice welcome.
Are you using the single dose applicators of Yes VM or a tube of the product? If the former I would not insert that at the same time as Vagifem as it would be too much and may well prevent absorption. I would insert the Vagifem at night and VM in the morning. If using Yes VM from a tube, then do as CLKD says. A dab of VM on the Vagifem applicator would be fine though, to aid insertion.

JP x

Donnadoobie

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 09:43:16 AM »

Thanks

I am using YES vaginally and have been using every other night.  I thought this could not be done at the same time.  I have used Vagifem at night for three nights and used Yes yesterday morning.

One other question.  The GP said that I would need a panty liner at night, I used the first night but it has not been needed.  I have not any anything coming back out at all.  Does this mean it is absorbing? Or that it is not absorbing.  Feeling so unsure about all of this.

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 02:54:33 PM »

Thanks

I am using YES vaginally and have been using every other night.  I thought this could not be done at the same time.  I have used Vagifem at night for three nights and used Yes yesterday morning.

One other question.  The GP said that I would need a panty liner at night, I used the first night but it has not been needed.  I have not any anything coming back out at all.  Does this mean it is absorbing? Or that it is not absorbing.  Feeling so unsure about all of this.
I have used Yes, Olive & bee and Vagifem but have never needed a pantyliner. I don't like them much so avoid them wherever possible.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 03:43:37 PM »

Don't know about rest of Vagifem ladies but I do get discharge next day after using Vagifem.  GP says it is residual estrogen and body sloughing off what is not needed???  I think it is the fillers in Vagifem that causes the discharge so he might be recommending panty liners for this reason?  Just a thought.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 03:56:18 PM »

Yep!  What goes up has to come down ;-).  The vagina should have a natural discharge but not enough to use panty liners which can introduce infection as the area gets too moist.

Your GP is correct.  The vagina will cleanse itself, it won't shed fillers and not Vagifem. 

[Ditch the thong too ;-) ]  :-X

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 05:52:34 PM »

CLKD...I can't even imagine looking at thongs let alone wearing them😂😂.  They look so uncomfortable! 

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 07:40:17 PM »

Yep!  What goes up has to come down ;-).  The vagina should have a natural discharge but not enough to use panty liners which can introduce infection as the area gets too moist.

Your GP is correct.  The vagina will cleanse itself, it won't shed fillers and not Vagifem. 

[Ditch the thong too ;-) ]  :-X

Of course it sheds fillers! I get the residues of all sorts - and definitely the chalky white of the Vagifem.

It's not the body sloughing off oestrogen it doesn't need - what a weird thing for the doc to say  :o . The vagifem tab sticks to the vaginal wall from where the oestrogen is absorbed or diffuses out but the chalky stuff of course will come out - that is an inert residue!! This is what's in it so some of it will come out if it is insoluble: Hypromellose, Lactose monohydrate, Maize starch, Magnesium stearate

Ditto re the panti-liners at night. I have to wear them during the day - at least when I go out and especially to exercise classes, running or dancing at a gig - so no panti-liners nor nix at night - mostly loose jim jams or shirt type nighty thing. Need to keep the area aerated  ::)

Hurdity x

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 07:53:44 PM »

Thx Hurdity.  I too have a white discharge and it made good sense for this residual crap in the Vagifem.  Don't know why GP said that as my v has zero estrogen so how could it slough off what it doesn't have.😕

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 12:53:02 AM »

Birdy...agree 👽 dr.s are a dime a dozen when it comes menopause.

Lyncola

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 09:15:32 AM »

I be using Vagifem since November, and at the moment got a flare up, so I'm doing a reload of two weeks, because I wasn't allowed to at the start because I was using Ovestin.

I use to have discharge with Ovestin (excess Ovestin coming out) but I've never had discharge since using Vagifem (November) is that normal?

And I would just like to say having virginal atrophy sucks.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 07:32:17 AM »

Sorry I didn't think B4 putting foot in gob  ::) ............  had hoped to get here to update and word it more succinctly but you put me right ..........