Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A bit dramatic but has anyone thought this before  (Read 3395 times)

KaraShannon

A bit dramatic but has anyone thought this before
« on: January 19, 2020, 09:26:14 PM »

I know this sounds a bit dramatic but has anyone had the thought before (even if you don't really believe it) that you are dying?

It might be my state of mind at the moment but so many things have suddenly changed with my body.  It hasn't been gradual.  No energy.  stress incontinence.  weight gain that's just not coming down.  feeling really 'fragile' both physically and mentally. 

Ok that's it.  Perhaps I'm catastrophising  ;D  But I need to change all these things, no muscle strength and considerable weight gain is probably the hardest.  I was always active and slim.  I get comments from 'friends' saying exercise more, eat less, etc, and while there's truth in that, something else is happening right now.  I don't eat that much and it's really true.  I probably eat too many sweets but that's because of lack of energy, but all other food is very healthy, I really mean it, mainly vegetables, salads, etc.  It's always been like that. 

I want to work on improving my health but sometimes I feel like there's so much to overcome.  And on days like today I just have that thought, I'm actually dying.   :'(  Sorry.  I'm 49 and need to get a grip.  I have hypothyroidism too and maybe it's time for a check up.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: A bit dramatic but has anyone thought this before
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 09:49:50 PM »

Hi KaraShannon.

Oh yes I have. When this meno stuff was at it's worst, I often wondered if I'd get through the night, I even wrote my sons letters and left them in my drawer so they'd be found one day.
I really thought I was dying a slow death, and one night, I'd have a heart attack, or something and die in bed!
I didn't, as you can tell, 😆 and now with the help of HRT, I don't feel that anymore.
Are you on HRT?
It's all the feelings and lack of hormones that makes us feel so unwell.
Your not on your own, most of us feel like it, at one point or another.
xx

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 10:16:11 PM »

jillydoll that means so much, that I'm not alone with that feeling.

I know I haven't done a lot in recent years to stay fit, whereas before I was very fit, so I'll try and work on that now, it will take a bit of time.  I'm not on HRT as yet, I want to see about it but have had to cancel the doctor twice due to family commitments.  Family, my mother in particular, is zapping my energy as she is lonely but won't go out or do anything and just waits for me to visit her.  It's ongoing and relentless.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 11:28:38 PM »

I felt like that too at me no's worst.  It really is a nasty time x

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 11:44:38 PM »

Oh yes...it's very common and quite irrational and extremely scary!   :(   Lots of ladies report loss of confidence, irrational thoughts, health anxiety, brain fog so bad you think you have alzheimers, the list is endless so you are in good company KaraShannon.  I'm still here and so are JD and Annie0710 and I'm sure there will be more ladies along soon to confirm that you are not going mad and you are not going to die!  It's those flaming hormones  ::) x

Lyncola

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 04:52:25 AM »

Me too, I have so much wrong with me since premenopausal has started virginal atrophy, sore eyes, sinus, stomach pains, back pains, hip pain, rib pain, random stabbing pains though out my body, I'm losing weight, a lot more hair falling out, piles. And so on.

I had ultrasounds, X-rays, MRI, blood test, urine test and poo test, I've seen rheumatologist, dietitian and exercise physiologist and I'm at my doctors all the time.

I feel if it wasn't for menopausal matters I would be going mad. I try not to worry but it is really hard. And when you have idiots telling you “you got cancer” and that's a family member, it doesn't help.

I'm 46 years old and had a hysterectomy July 2018. And I'm not allowed to go on HRT because of ovaries problems.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:50:29 AM by Lyncola »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 09:26:07 AM »

Morning. Join the Club!  HORMONES  >:(

We have a thread about looking after elderly relatives and others on a similar vein.  "My Mum" and similar.

It depends on the relationship you have had with your Mum whilst growing up.  How well you are now.  How well she is.  Some feel that they have children to 'look after me in my old age'! is yours like that?  You need to put in boundaries.

Do you have siblings/cousins that could look in? Is she a different persona with others?  Drop the guilt  ;)

How often do you visit and how often do you feel that you 'have' to see her in order to keep her quiet?  Would you put up with her behaviours if she wasn't your Mum?  Do you like close to her or is it a trek - mine is 2 hours away and the Hospital when necessary 3, plus there is the shutting down of the house, packing a case etc. B4 we travel.  Mine is in Care ......... her choice!  :o

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary for yourself.  It charts progress.  If your Mum own't go out then that is her choice as difficult as it is for your to watch.  What does she do when you aren't with her: TV, read, phone friends, crosswords? 

Browse round.  Make notes ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 09:39:14 AM »

What do you eat in any 24/7 period?  Makes notes of everything.  Are you getting enough carbs and proteins?  It isn't the amount we eat but what we consume that feeds the body to repair muscles etc..  Fruits and veg. are OK but 1 needs sugars, dairy, meat and fish or a good substitute.  Think of our ancestors: seasonal hunter/gatherers with not much choice about what they ate, they took food on the hoof or berries from the hedgerows in order to survive. 

What do you like to do as hobbies, if it's walking for example  ;) 1 needs lots of energy packed foods.

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 10:57:28 AM »

Hello KaraShannon

I am not on HRT and have recently been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. A lot of what you say resonates with me so  I suggest you have your thyroid levels checked as soon as possible.  You may find that your meno symptoms are much milder if your other hormones are in balance.

Wishing you well and keep us updated.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 12:03:37 PM »

Damned if we do, damned if we don't - visit  >:(.  Fortunately I can use distance as a reason not to visit often.  But then Mum rings me  ::) ah well.  Her comments do keep me awake in the early hours though  :-\

In the back of my mind I did wonder if this constant 'cough' was anything more than a cough; and the headaches recently make me wonder in the early hours ........... but nil of note to show to the GP  ::)

Baby

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 02:56:09 PM »

I feel like this the last couple of weeks. Having horrid panic attacks, palpitations etc. Also got a nasty virus. And also mood swings hourly and I am on conti HRT. Been on it 10 weeks now. You now I think I am further along in my meno than I originally thought. Looking back I remember a couple of times over the last ten years feeling really emotional and irrational for no particular reason. I also had an horrendous time like I am now about 4 years ago. Doc gave me high dose AD and it mainly seemed to pass over a few months but this year come back with a vengeance. I am on everol 50.maybe cos I am longer along than I thought I need more oestrogen?

squeaker99

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 03:20:01 PM »

Kara - this is totally me and totally Peri Meno (I am 49 too). It plays havoc with everything - your mental well being, your confidence, your looks, your identity. A GP reminded me that you have hormone receptors all over your body so any fluctuations can produce some pretty horrid symptoms - brain fog, gastric upset, muscle twinges, palpitations, mood & memory, joint aches, migraine. I find it so hard to motivate myself and little things seem to go round and round.    I really don't think this 24/7 media / screen time / phones pinging / facebook helps.  Maybe the 4G and Wifi waves are sending us all potty too.

But you are not alone - this crappy time is totally normal for some of us. Just try and do a few things to combat it - I have joined a choir which I love and also a jogging group.  When I'm in the house it's rubbish.

January weather sucks too - not enough light or heat.

Ladybt28

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 03:37:13 PM »

So just a bit of info from my experience, not sure how helpful it is but here goes.  Started at 46 on hrt on PrempakC combi hrt now discontinued.  Ok on it for a while but then my symptoms really ramped up at 50 and I started with anxiety, panic attacks, low mood, scared of my own shadow to the point of paranoia, shakes, insomnia...the list was endless. GP useless..tested for everything found nothing.  When PrepackC was discontinued I had to change my hrt and then I tried 6 kinds before getting one that worked.  Turns out that when the symptoms had ramped up the PrepackC wasn't working and it was a hormonal upheaval.  I was on the wrong hrt for me - who knew?...I certainly didn't (why would I have thought such a thing) nor did the doctors.  I tried 6 kinds patches, pills, etc after the discontinuation and then in August 2017 was put on gel and utro and 3 months after starting I was on the right track and 7 months after that everything had gone away.  I am pretty near fixed.

Personally I think that during our peri/meno journey our bodies change and may need a different kind of hrt.  It could be a different strength or a different delivery method.  I didn't know that my problems were caused by my PrempakC not working and despite numerous visits to the GP they never made any connection either despite me being nearly psychotic at one point. If it hadn't been discontinued I probably would still be on it with the same terrible terrible symptoms with no clocking where the problem might have been.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 04:59:25 PM »

We have a thread called, .....What We've Diagnosed. ( I think) 😆
Take a look on there and you'll see we're all going, or been through hell!
But, we're still here, struggling? Yes! Dead? No!

Hang on in there, it's got to get better! ( hasn't it? )..🤷‍♀️

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 07:13:31 PM »

I bumped it last week jillydoll, will go look-see!
Pages: [1] 2