Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Dry mouth....  (Read 1013 times)

misskh

Dry mouth....
« on: January 17, 2020, 09:31:36 PM »

As in title really...
Over the last few months I've woken up periodically in the night and my mouth has been so dry to the extent it takes a while to produce enough saliva to wet it again...
It started to feel dry during the day too.
The inside of my mouth also feels odd in places in that when I move my tongue around on the inside cheek part my tongue doesn't slide smoothly...
I can only describe it like brushing your hand on smooth bathroom tiles then coming upon a tile with faint limescale on..lost its shine type thing...
All very odd...

Does anyone else have this?

Sammiejane

Re: Dry mouth....
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 09:40:33 PM »

hi misskh

do u have any white lesions in the mouth on the tongue or inside cheeks as i was diagnosed with autoimmune lichen planus in the mouth which is common in menopause and can get dry mouth burn occasionally depending on what u eat and drink and they advise me to avoid any products such as toothpaste body wash etc with sodium laryhl sulphate in x

Meg

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:25:31 PM »

I am now 65 and have been in menopause for 15 years.  The dry mouth seems to be a menopausal problem as with other areas drying out.  It has really hit me within the last few months and must be due to declining oestrogen it is a real problem and would be interested to hear from anyone with solutions.

Meg

misskh

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 11:52:05 PM »

Sammiejane no I don't, just the dryness..
It does seem like it is just another symptom of the menopause though.

jennyr265

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 10:30:48 AM »

Yes me too. I have dry mouth, dry lips and eyes and feel constantly dehydrated. It's been a problem for me for about last 3 years. I have tried Xylmelts for overnight but sometimes they wake me up as they drip down my throat if that makes sense!
I suck sugar free mints etc and i have to drink an awful lot of water to feel hydrated and obviously that then involves a lot of trips to the loo!
Hrt hasn't helped it so far sadly.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 02:34:13 PM »

Hello ladies.

I wonder if any of you ladies have sjorgren's syndrome an auto immune condition that causes dry eyes and mouth amongst other things.

It may be worth researching as although the menopause doesn't help matters, there may be specific treatments for this condition that you could use alongside HRT.

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.