Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Patches to tablets  (Read 1254 times)

JC06

Patches to tablets
« on: December 29, 2019, 09:50:39 AM »

Hi - looking for any useful advice. I'm 50, last period 28/10/19, took few months of Femseven sequi patches last year & was doing well until unable to get patches locally due supply issues so was prescribed elleste duet 1mg tablets. I still haven't convinced myself to start the tablets due to worry of increased stroke risk & have been off HRT for about 7 months. I've been diagnosed with high blood pressure & take lisinopril 10mg. I'm currently struggling badly with mood/anxiety/insomnia/brain switch off to the extent it's impacting on my marriage. Should I just start the tablets? I've no idea why I'm asking complete strangers but I have more confidence in the knowledge shown on this forum than my experience of having visited GPs/consultant. Thanks.

Dierdre

Re: Patches to tablets
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 09:59:42 AM »

Hi JC06 and welcome to MM. I'm only on local estrogen so cant really advise but I'm sure there are plenty on tablets at the moment who can. You can always changed back to patches when the supply increases again soon if youre still not happy.

JC06

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 10:07:11 AM »

Hi Deirdre.. thanks for that. I would definitely prefer the patches but just assumed the shortage was ongoing. Might do some local research tomorrow with the pharmacists in my area...

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 05:40:15 PM »

Hi Deirdre.. thanks for that. I would definitely prefer the patches but just assumed the shortage was ongoing. Might do some local research tomorrow with the pharmacists in my area...
I think that the problem with Femseven is still ongoing because it is to do with a manufacturing/redesign  issue. With Evorel sequi and conti, there is still a supply problem with high st chains like Boots/Superdrug etc. but you can order them with an NHS prescription from the Independent Pharmacy (online). I have done this twice.

JC06

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 06:28:57 PM »

Thanks for info...Will look into that

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 01:50:54 AM »

I am on BP tablets and it is advisable to use transdermal HRT.
You could use Estrogel but you would need to take Utrogestan with it.

Penelope

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 07:30:33 PM »

Hi JC06 I would take the pill.Try to remember sleep deprivation alone is now been shown to cause heart disease and heart attacks.The scare mongering over HRT was retracted three years later.
Have you ever taken the contraceptive pill? That is twice the strength of HRT.You and your marriage deserve to feel better also.
You may be turning down the one chance you have of feeling really good and enjoying life.
Just wanted to give a different perspective.xxx❤️

JC06

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 02:42:29 PM »

Thank you Tinkerbell & Penelope. Will head to Dr & get BP checked & make decision on best option. You are totally right Penelope I need to do what's best for me as I am now in this phase & not just put my life/relationship on hold weathering the storm. My New Year's resolution to get a grip & not beat myself up over admitting I'm struggling. Thanks ladies...