Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Waiting for scan...  (Read 21718 times)

Jeepers

Re: Waiting for scan...
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2020, 06:52:28 PM »

Hi squeaker

Thanks for your post. No, I haven't changed my mattress recently. I have been in quite a few different beds lately though. Oh, that sounds terrible. What I mean is that we visit friends a lot at the weekend, and have had a few hotel stopovers for Christmas do,s , the ballet etc.

My mattress is really old, and does need to be changed no doubt.

Jeepers xx

squeaker99

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2020, 09:09:48 PM »

Any rib pain I am very confident will be due to your mattress. It won't be giving you any support.
One night on my sons bed and I have terrible sternum and rib aches.  Do invest in a new one - you will be
amazed at the difference. Or get a mattress topper

Lyncola

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2020, 12:46:46 AM »

Hi Jeepers,
How are you today?
The phone thing made me laugh ;D
I've got my doctors appointment in 3 hours. I'm glad I've still got it, as my rib has improved the last couple of days, but seems to be worse today.
It would be good to get her advice. I'm also will complain about my weight lost, I losing weight again after gaining 0.8kg in Melbourne, I eat so much? For example yesterday I ate,
Breakfast- bread x 1, homemade berry fibre muffin, and Kiwifruit
Morning tea- 5 x dry apricots, a biscuit, nuts
Lunch- marmalade toast x 2, small amount chips and small amount of macadamia nuts
Afternoon tea- banana and homemade pumpkin scone
Dinner- homemade  pizza 3 slices
Dessert- Magnum ice cream.
I have always found it very easy to loose weight, but at a lost why I'm losing it now. When I was 25 years old, I had a ovarian cyst operation, where they cut my stomach open, I wasn't allowed to eat for 4 days, I dropped 8kg, it took me ages to put the weight back on.
Interesting about mattress? But I don't think applies to me as mine is only one and a half years old.
I will message this afternoon to let you know how I go?

Lyncola

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2020, 12:53:04 AM »

Jeepers,
just a quick question, you were saying your not peeing much? Are you still drinking the same amount off water, coffee etc?
If it was me I would go and drink a whole lot and see what happens?
Keep a record off what your drinking and how much your peeing, so you can show your doctor.

Jeepers

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2020, 01:55:48 AM »

Good luck today lyncola

It is 1.50 am here. I can't sleep because the pain is really bad . I've been taking diazapam most nights, but this evening I didn't and the pain is horrible.

I was kidding myself to think maybe I was getting better. 

I'm just so scared now

Jeepers xx

yellowflower

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2020, 03:26:07 AM »

Good luck today lyncola

It is 1.50 am here. I can't sleep because the pain is really bad . I've been taking diazapam most nights, but this evening I didn't and the pain is horrible.

I was kidding myself to think maybe I was getting better. 

I'm just so scared now

Jeepers xx

Hi Jeepers, please bare with me as this post will be a bit long.

I know a bit about how your mindset can play havoc with your symptoms. About 20 years ago, I developed some pain in my breasts. The more I thought about it the worse the pain became over the next few days and weeks. By the time I got to the doctor, I was absolutely convinced I had breast cancer. It turned out to be absolutely nothing and as soon as I was told that, the pain went away.

In the last 20 or so years, I developed prolapses of my bladder, rectum and uterus. None of them were complete prolapses, but I did not know that I was prolapsed except for the fact that I could easily feel my cervix. I had multiple symptoms because of this. I had a 24/7 urge to urinate. I had bowel issues and I had vaginal pain. I was absolutely convinced I had something like ovarian cancer due to all the symptoms. I was misdiagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis and IBS. It was only when I did not stop bleeding early last year and ended up getting a hysterectomy and multiple prolapse repairs, did it become apparent that every symptom had been caused by my prolapses along with a 16mm uterine lining and a fibroid.

The fibroid was only discovered during my surgery and explained why my pelvis was slightly distorted on one side. I was too scared to get that checked out, but after my surgery and healing, my abdomen was flat again.

I have also had side effects from my migraine medication (Topamax) that caused twitching and tremors five years after starting the medication. I came off the drug and all symptoms disappeared.

My latest issue was heart palpitations which has led to every test under the sun, including an echocardiogram, halter monitor, blood tests for everything and it turns out that yes, I do have 8% ectopic beats, but my heart and all the blood tests are normal.

I sit here typing today feeling 100% OK. I have had many issues over the years and they were all benign. I have a feeling that you will be OK and that worrying about your issues is exacerbating your symptoms. I have been exactly where you are currently. Worrying excessively about a health issue can cause diarrhea. I know this because it happened to me. Urinary issues can be caused by many things too. Pain issues can have a multitude of reasons and sources.

Lyncola

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2020, 06:22:31 AM »

Totally agree with you Yellowflower, we very often make a little health problem a lot worse then it is. But sadly this doesn't stop us from us worrying. I myself have find lumps in my breast, all been tested, but have a ultrasound every year to keep an eye on them. Level one melanoma, my skin gets checked two times a year. My thryroid have a growth growing in there I was rushed through with surgery, end up not being cancer. And had 4 cyst growing on my ovaries, had unusually blood test, surgery pushed forward, one of the large once had attached itself to me, no cancer. I have been blessed to been lucky with my health problems. But I totally believe in being proactive.

Jeepers
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble sleeping. Jeepers nothing worse then lying awake at night in pain and worrying. It's easier in the daytime to keep my mind busy and find things to do to relax and chill. I've started reading books again and rediscovered my love for puzzles. Been 7 years since the last one. Doesn't stop you from feeling the pain, but gives my brain something else to concentrate on. Like when you went to the ballet.

Just came back from the doctors Jeepers. She is not concerned about my ribs, and she said the front pain is the result of me damaging my muscles on my right side. And it will take time to heal. It's been 4 weeks now.
She is happy with the X-ray, and explain to me if it was a broken bone we would see it, and if I had bone cancer they would see it. My lungs look healthy.
I complain about my weight, she wants me to weight myself once a week on the same day, and write  it down. If it seems to settle and I'm not losing anymore, not to worry. If it's still going down come back and see her. She will referred me to a dietitian again. She did asked if my poos were very runny, and I said no that they have shape. She seemed happy by that. She started me off on Metamucil a couple of months ago to help with that. Because apparently Metamucil not only helps with comsapation it helps with Diarrhea as well.
So hopefully I won't have to see my doctor for at least a month, which would be a long time for me  :o

I hope your pain has settled down and your feeling better. How many days to your scan?
Sending positive thoughts Lyn

Jeepers

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2020, 07:44:38 AM »

Hi

Thank you so very much for posting, I am trying to cling on to the hope that it iis something lesser.

I've been feeling really bad tonight, pain is quite bad. Also had some jolting pains through my back and chest.

I was actually coping this weekend, better than I had been. The pain seemed to me lessening.  I probably lulled myself into a false sense of security, because I had been taking diazepam, and maybe I just slept through the pain.

I also fancied that my appetite was starting to come back, and last night I ate some  oven cooked battered fish with oven chips. I also stupidly had a small piece of cheese just before going to bed.

Lyncola, I'm glad your appointment went welll, I'm really happy for you. I have my gastro appointment today. Whether they do a scan or not I don't know. It may be more waiting, which will be hard, both emotionally, and the way I am feeling right now, physically .

Jeepers xx

Lyncola

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2020, 08:33:09 AM »

Wishing you all the best Jeepers with your appointment, fingers crossed you will start getting some answers. Please let us know how you go.
Sending love and positive thoughts Lyn

littleminnie

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2020, 08:47:54 AM »

Good luck today Jeepers.  Have you tried the Bach's rescue spray?  It can be quite calming.

Jeepers

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2020, 11:10:03 AM »

the hospital have just called and cancelled my appointment.  :'(

Jeepers

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2020, 11:21:39 AM »

Unmelievably, the hospital has just ung back again, and said that they had made a mistake, and my appoinment is still scheduled.  The lady was very apologetic.
(I suspect she was supposed to just cancel the rotine appointments, not the two week referrals). 

I feel like I am on a rollercoaster.

littleminnie

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2020, 05:23:06 PM »

Were you seen? X

Jeepers

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2020, 05:54:53 PM »

Hi

No, when I got there they said it was in fact cancelled.

I've decided to go private, I can't wait for another appointment, at some unspecified point in the future.

So, I have an appointment on Friday for scan, consultation, and bloods

More waiting unfortunately. Just wish my appetite would return ... Worries the hell out of me

Jeepers xx

Blot

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2020, 06:02:40 PM »

OMG Jeepers that's disgraceful. What a shambles. I don't know what to say 😡
So you have to wait now till Friday but hopefully you will get the answers you need then and you know you are getting the scan and blood tests.

Don't worry about not eating. My appetite is the first thing to go when I'm worried. It's no wonder you can't face food at the moment.

I hope you are ok x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12