Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: Holidays 2020  (Read 37486 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Holidays 2020
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2020, 08:07:41 PM »

Dramatic is here in quiet places ;-)

I spent 3 hours on Biarritz beach in the 1980s that was long enough  ;D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:07:18 AM by CLKD »

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2020, 09:59:53 PM »

CLKD, the Norfolk coast is on my doorstep.
I loved Cornwall when I lived there. Scotland is fabulous. I'm from Wales, so I have been there enough times.
I really want to go to Iceland. And back to gorgeous Mallorca.
Anyone here been to Panama?

I am just a few miles from the North Norfolk coast and wouldn't live anywhere else.  Norfolk has heathland, woodland, huge deserted beaches, big skies, loads of small market towns, beautiful villages,  no motorways and visitors tell me it's how most places in England used to be. Unchanged.

When our kids were small we camped in Wales and loved it, Scotland before we had the kids, Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Kent, Cornwall, Suffolk, Isle of Wight, new Forest and my late inlaws lived in Torquay so we had loads of Devon holidays.

squeaker99

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2020, 09:17:28 PM »

Iceland is amazing. You only need a couple of nights. One day to do the Blue Lagoon and another to do a round island tour to see the geezers and waterfalls. Not as expensive to fly there and stay there as you may think.

We have had some great little city breaks in Europe recently:
Bratislava (capital of Slovakia. Beautiful on the Rhine. Very walkable and cheap as chips).
Gothenburg - a lovely garden city, lots of parks. Ferrys out to islands. Was hot in June.
Valencia - My favourite city in europe I think. Walkable, great cafe/culture/beach.  Ditto Lisbon.

Was looking at Bulgaria for October but hubbie not keen....

Best 'hot' weather holiday was Abu Dhabi - hotels are great value for money and lots to do aside from the beach. It
is much cheaper than Dubai and not as ' full on' with Brits abroad.

jaypo

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2020, 03:33:58 PM »

Our holiday was fab,all round the canaries then  Madeira and lastly Lisbon,I'd love to go to Iceland though

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2020, 04:08:38 PM »

Home now jaypoo - all that washing  ;)  ::)

I expect that the bush fires in Oz will kit tourist trade hard.  As will the continued upheaval in the Middle East  :-\

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2020, 04:10:49 PM »

Iceland is amazing. You only need a couple of nights. One day to do the Blue Lagoon and another to do a round island tour to see the geezers and waterfalls. Not as expensive to fly there and stay there as you may think.

Bratislava (capital of Slovakia. Beautiful on the Rhine. Very walkable and cheap as chips).
Gothenburg - a lovely garden city, lots of parks. Ferrys out to islands. Was hot in June.
Valencia - My favourite city in europe I think. Walkable, great cafe/culture/beach.  Ditto Lisbon.

Best 'hot' weather holiday was Abu Dhabi - hotels are great value for money and lots to do aside from the beach. It

We looked at Bulgaria but decided against it as reviews (and friends) say it's basically wall to wall tat! It has a high crime level too with pick pocketing gangs etc.  My friend said they just stayed in the hotel all the time and that was OK if all you want to do is sunbathe.  Not for us!

Two hoots

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2020, 04:44:47 PM »

Our holiday was fab,all round the canaries then  Madeira and lastly Lisbon,I'd love to go to Iceland though

Sorry your holiday is over  :-\ I hope you have lots of happy memories.

Did you like the ship ? I'm always keen to hear of cruising experiences  :)

littleminnie

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2020, 05:25:44 PM »

We looked at Bulgaria but decided against it as reviews (and friends) say it's basically wall to wall tat! It has a high crime level too with pick pocketing gangs etc.  My friend said they just stayed in the hotel all the time and that was OK if all you want to do is sunbathe.  Not for us!

My son had things taken out of his luggage on a trip to Bulgaria. 
He said going to the beach after the sun goes down is a definite no no.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2020, 05:40:05 PM »

Glad you had a good time Jay. 😊

You didn't bring the butler home with you did you?  Put him down woman! 😜😜. 😆

Foxylady

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2020, 06:15:36 PM »

you & your men in uniform again!!! :D

littleminnie

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2020, 06:44:12 PM »

Uniforms and bathrooms are definitely Jillys thing.  ;)

jaypo

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2020, 06:50:51 PM »

;D ;D Never a truer word spoken littleminnie
TH it was fantastic,Cunard definitely treat you like royalty,back to the old style cruising,think we were possibly some of the youngest on board but that doesn't bother me,I love listening to older people's story's etc.

Two hoots

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2020, 07:25:25 PM »

We really enjoy chatting to the crew on our last cruise our waitress was Chinese, we asked her to write her name in Chinese for us to see, omg it was so beautiful  :) she was a newish member of staff, we asked her about her home and she would ask us  :)

There was also a lovely waitress in a bar from Peru, where else would I meet someone from Peru to have a chat with  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2020, 07:44:23 PM »

Our waiter was from Mumbai and we had such a laugh with him,he said he wished all guest could be like us,think he meant common  ;D ;D but he showed us pix of his one year old son and how in Hindu the whole family have a say in what to call the child,just felt a bit sad he'd missed his first steps 😢

Two hoots

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2020, 08:21:47 PM »

Yes it's difficult to be away so long but they can at least keep in contact with Skype, some get very excited when they say they are on leave soon. We are always friendly with the crew but it's not always that way  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33