Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: Holidays 2020  (Read 37643 times)

jaypo

Re: Holidays 2020
« Reply #285 on: June 26, 2020, 08:12:44 AM »

Ha,when I go on my cruise, I take small amounts cleaning stuff with me,like antibacterial wipes etc and clean the cabin from top to bottom,always have and take my own pillow

littleminnie

« Reply #286 on: June 26, 2020, 11:53:44 AM »

Hoseasons were taking bookings one every nine seconds when Boris announced the easing.

Taz2

« Reply #287 on: June 26, 2020, 12:16:04 PM »

We were looking yesterday, for September, at an apartment we've booked before through a cottage holiday company. There is detailed information on their site about new cleaning practices and also guidance on what may or may not be open in the village. Check in time is now 7p.m. instead of 4 and departure time is 9a.m. instead of 10 to allow for thorough cleaning. All non essential items will be removed too such as books and games. All bed linen and towels have to be bagged up and sealed by the occupants before leaving the property. Pillow protectors changed between each new booking. OH is very keen but I'm not sure. It depends on what's open. Refunds/rebookings available for holidays booked now are very specific. Only two reasons apply. Either travel has been banned again or the government has legally closed the area.  :-\

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #288 on: June 26, 2020, 01:02:57 PM »

Seems a bit OTT to me, R they charging extra/more ?

It should be cleaned thoroughly between guests anyway.  Pillow protectors changed between each booking anyway.  I think a lot of owners will put wood flooring through which is easier to maintain.  Why not ask clients to take their own bedding, towels etc.  :-\.  Although I did find that a phaff! 

I never went through a company as they charge high fees, we always booked directly with the owner using "pets welcome". 

Taz2

« Reply #289 on: June 26, 2020, 01:37:04 PM »

Obviously they are always cleaned well but in order to stop possible transmission of the virus then extra care has to be taken. Not sure how they will sanitise sofas etc.

Taz x

littleminnie

« Reply #290 on: June 26, 2020, 05:36:58 PM »

You can get a disinfectant spray that is safe for upholstery

CLKD

« Reply #291 on: June 26, 2020, 09:00:26 PM »

I have used self catering a lot over the years.  A step up from camping  ;D and some places were spotless.  Which 1 should expect virus or not.  Also, currently if a property is left for 72 hours then the virus won't have anything to jump onto and therefore replicate.  So owners should consider a 5 day let cutting out weekends.  That gives time for cleaning and airing as well as should the bug be present, the chance for it to expire.

However: years ago when we had a dog and used the same property year in/out, we went in the 2nd year and my dog found a lamb chop bone down the settee  :o.  There was a very patterned carpet so I would throw her supper of dried food across the very large lounge for her to hunt and eat.  The 3rd year we went in, she went straight to the Welsh dresser wagging her tail: yep, there were bits of dried dog food under there from our visit 8 months previously  :D.  Needless to say we are still here and that we went elsewhere after  ::)

I'm enjoying lockdown - own bed, garden, bath, TV, neighbours ;-). 

CLKD

« Reply #292 on: June 26, 2020, 09:13:14 PM »

Some have week lets i.e. 5 days, others have Friday-Monday ........ also 1 can book as many nights as required in a Hotel though some insist on 2 nights especially over weekends.  We have always avoided any that 'do weddings' .........

CLKD

« Reply #293 on: June 26, 2020, 10:05:25 PM »

BBC News today:

A former government adviser has said he does not believe a second national lockdown would be necessary during the coronavirus pandemic.

Prof Neil Ferguson, whose advice led to the decision to go into lockdown, said he would expect to see "targeted" restrictions to contain outbreaks.
He told Nick Robinson on BBC Radio 4's Political Thinking the easing needed to be monitored "very closely".

And the UK should "be prepared to row back a bit" if cases increased.

The next series of measures to ease the lockdown will take place in England on 4 July, when the 2m (6ft) social distancing rule reduces to "one metre plus".

This will allow some pubs, restaurants and cafes to reopen while complying with safety guidelines.
. I can't understand why he gets air time  :-\

Penguin99

« Reply #294 on: June 26, 2020, 10:24:31 PM »

I wont be going anywhere this year :'( not risking it. My hubby is extremely vulnerable,  got a new letter from Gov yesterday saying he can mix with up to 6 people (we won't) and must be very strict with distancing and from 1st August he may be able to go shopping, however Boris has reduced the distance from next week, so people won't know my husband is vulnerable & will not distance. So  I will continue to do our shopping and what ever else needs to be done and bleach everything when I get home. The numbers are not going down. My hubby had to go for blood test today at hospital,  I stayed in the car, he put his p3 mask on and off he went, thankfully he wasn't long but I covered his seat with a throw, got the sanitizer out and poured into his hand, when he got home he stripped off in the porch, clothes & throw straight in washing machine & he went for a shower, I got his towel for him, whilst he was showering I bleached door handles & inside car again. That's my new fragrance now ;D unfortunately I also feel we will have a 2nd spike, unbelievable the people at the beaches & liverpool celebrations etc  >:(

Sparrow

« Reply #295 on: June 27, 2020, 07:22:41 AM »

European holidays allowed from the 6th of July.  :)

Sparrow

« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2020, 07:37:46 AM »

I have too say that the doom and gloom on some of the posts is sad.  I understand your worries, I really do.  However, for many people the thought of a possible holiday is a real boost to their mental health.

I for one am definitely looking forward to going away and I don't feel the slightest bit guilty for it.

Dierdre

« Reply #297 on: June 27, 2020, 08:23:06 AM »

We're of to Lanzarote in August for two weeks and i cant wait to see my family again. We're in the same villa we always go to and will probably feel safer there than here. Their lockdown has been much stricter than ours and the island is now covid free.  We have our own pool and the beach opposite has no sun beds so very quite. We will do alot of BBQs and eat in. Seating outside in restaurants is well spaced and masks worn in shops etc. They have prepared well ready for tourists returning. The only downside is the flight but we're on the first flight early morning so the plane will have been cleaned and we have to wear masks anyway and will take a small sanitizer.
Ive been working without a break now since Christmas, school stayed open for key workers children, I need this holiday.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #298 on: June 27, 2020, 08:32:04 AM »

We should've been flying to Feurterventura tomorrow for my OHs birthday. 😢
Our son should've flew out today, to the same place,  and we'd have met up with him. 😢
Never mind, we'll go after all this is over hopefully.

Foxylady

« Reply #299 on: June 27, 2020, 08:35:31 AM »

That's rubbish jillydoll, happy bday to OH and hope you can enjoy his birthday some other way, for now! Gives you something to plan ahead & look forward to.
Enjoy Lanzarote Dierdre. x
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33