Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estrogel  (Read 1207 times)

Ali love

• First Flush
Estrogel
« on: December 11, 2019, 02:51:12 PM »

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a bit of help really. I'm 40 years old and started taking estrogel 3 weeks ago. I have been advised to take 4 pumps and 7days of the urogestron. I didn't want to rush into things so started on 2 pumps. Throughout the day I'm constantly feeling my heartbeat and sometimes feel like it's racing even though I have done nothing. I have reduced it to one pump which feels a little better but I'm still aware on occasion this is happening. It's obviously making me more anxious which probably doesn't help. I didn't have this before starting. I guess I'm really wondering did anyone else experience this and should I just stick it out for at least 3 months. I have a low dose of utrogestan as I'm progesterone intolerant found this ok but very tired and a bit spaced out. I have 4 children under 8 years old and just want to be happy and not crazy for them. Any advice greatly appreciated. 

Bobidy

Re: Estrogel
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 04:43:03 PM »

Hi

I don't need progesterone so cannot help with that bit.

I started estrogel 6 months ago. I built up gradually. 1 pump for 2 weeks then 1.5 for a couple of weeks, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 leaving a few weeks between each. I split the dose am and pm, but some ladies do it all together.

I had some nausea, headaches and breast pain with the increases (I was told this may happen) but nothing awful. I went up to 4 after a couple of weeks on 3 and had some rushes so cut it back to 3 again and gradually 3.5.

I think the key is slowly build up. That way you also have a better understanding of when you have reached a level that suits you. You can always increase and decease if necessary. The waiting can be frustrating though when you just want to feel better again!

I found 2 pumps were great for a while and then I needed to increase again. It is supposed to take 3 months to 'stabilise' but for me it has taken 6 months I would say.

Good luck x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 06:20:39 PM »

4 pumps is very high starting dose. We're you on something else before this? Just wondered how you knew you were prog intolerant. Are in peri or meno? I started on the equivalent  of 2 pumps in peri (evorel sequi), now on 3 pumps and towards the end of peri. The advice to build up slowly is good. If you do get up to 4 pumps with the low dose prog it might be wise to have a scan now and again to check your lining isn't building up. You should use the lowest dose that controls your symptoms.

Ali love

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 07:51:56 PM »

Hi
Thankyou for your replies.  I'm perimenopausel and have been for about 18 months. I tried all the usual routes like supplements,  accupunture,  naturopath etc I didn't really know what was going on and then slowly started to realise it was worse around my cycle and progressively getting more symptoms than not. I started to get burning tongue, panic attacks and just aches and pains and generally a bit of a misery, also unable to cope with tasks I used to like the school runs which became overwhelming and not sleeping adds to it! Which I'm sure pretty much all of you have experienced.

It was professor studds clinic that I went to. I had post natal depression ( so the dr said but I think perimenopause now looking back) after my 4th baby, and have never been able to take the pill. I had the depo injection and it sent me mad with panic and anxiety and general pms type symptoms so he said progesterone intolerant.

It's really hard to know what regime is the best and i have to trust and stick to one but I also know my body and as you said 4 pumps is way to much I know, so will stick to one and move to 2 if needed.  I can have scans with his clinic and feel safe in the knowledge that's it's an option.

I'm sure I will be back on here a million times!!  Thankyou again.

Xxx

Bobidy

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 09:24:57 PM »

Sounds like a plan, you may need 2 pumps to feel anything. Don't worry too much about upping your dose as it is common for younger women to need higher doses but do build up gradually to minimise any side effects, see how you feel for a couple of months and increase if necessary.

Most women use flushes or night sweats as a measure but I have neither of those so it is a bit more difficult to judge. Lots of the other crappy symptoms have improved though.