Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: EstroG-100?  (Read 2043 times)

bear

EstroG-100?
« on: December 06, 2019, 11:51:14 PM »

Hi girls,

Has anyone tried this supplement?

'EstroG-100? is a patented, clinically studied herbal blend of pure water extracts of Phlomis umbrosa, Cynanchum wilfordii and Angelica gigas. EstroG-100? has demonstrated its ability to relieve hot flashes, night sweats, temporary sleeplessness, nervousness, and difficulty in maintaining a positive outlook related to menopause. 50% of women experienced improvement in at least one menopausal symptom within 7 days of use, with 75% experiencing improvement in at least one menopausal symptom within 14 days.'

BeaR.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 03:18:27 PM by BeaR »

Jenna

Re: EstroG-100®
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 08:26:56 AM »

I haven't tried it BeaR, but I found this info:

https://efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.2903/j.efsa.2017.4778

Hurdity

Re: EstroG-100®
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 08:54:30 AM »

I was just coming on here to post that very same link Jenna, having done a quick search and another re the EU assessment of the safety of this product - which I've never heard of! The esseance of it is that the manufacturer of this product recommended a max intake of a particular dose, but the European Food Safety Authority (it is classed as a food supplement) recommended about a quarter of this dose as a maximum due to insufficient data on safety and toxicity and therefore potential concerns. Also the trial that I looked at which apparently demonstrated efficacy was only carried out for 12 weeks and at a dose higher than the maximum recommended by the EFSA. Therefore I wouldn't try it. It also comes from USA as far as I can make out - the origin of many products of this type!   Also being sceptical about all of these things, I am instantly suspicious of anything that calls itself "Estrog-100" making it sound like replacement oestrogen.

Hurdity x