Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Testosterone blood levels  (Read 579 times)

Ljp

Testosterone blood levels
« on: December 06, 2019, 09:35:59 AM »

Hi in need of some help/advice please.
I am on oestrogel, mirena coil and estring, have been since 2015.
Since September I've also been using tostran, prescribed by my Mona Lisa gynae.

I have just used medichecks online blood test company to test my testosterone levels, and the results show it as high!
I'm feeling good on half a pump daily, and it's definitely helping my bladder, little effect on my libido, and helping my energy levels.
No adverse side effects noticed.
But rather concerned about results and what to do 😟

Results show level at 6.32

Redlocks

Re: Testosterone blood levels
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 10:32:18 AM »

Hello Ljp,

My testosterone levels spiked randomly last year and I found that Estradot and Utrogestan brought them down. I was concerned but at the time I actually felt good when they were high! There's this thing that can lower testosterone further if you're worried (something acetate...), you could ask your consultant /doctor about that maybe? But my consultant wasn't worried when mine were high if you need a bit of reassurance.

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 11:24:20 AM »

Thank you, from what I can make out the result is my total T not the free androgen index which might well be fine, although don't know how to find that out.

I'm feeling great at the moment, energy levels are good, brain clarity is good, and my VA and bladder are so much better too.
I only started the Tostran on 18th September so early days.
But I feel it's helping me

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 05:49:03 PM »

Hi Ljp

Tesosterone should be replaced so that it remains within the physiological range for women so that does sound high - although it depends when the blood was taken in relation to the time of application as well as the location of where you apply it? Usually to measure the Free Androgen Index SHBG should be measured at the same time - maybe you have this result? If so you can calculcate the FAI? Also I am not clear whether it is still not good to have high total T- even if you do have very high SHBG and your FAI remains within range? There has not been sufficient research done on this with T replacement in women and long term effects.

Some effects do not become apparent until approx 4-5 months so I would monitor this carefully and get more blood tests in another 3 months and see how it goes. Are you not being monitored by a medical professional - where you get your T from? Are you in UK?

Glad it's helping you anyway - but hopefully the dose does not end up being too high.

Hurdity x