Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New hrt giving me headaches  (Read 601 times)

clio

New hrt giving me headaches
« on: December 06, 2019, 09:14:06 AM »

Can't get everol sequi after 12 years being on it and seem to be ok so Dr put me on estradot patches and utrogestan tablets, I'm on the tablets stage and have started with headaches anyone else experience this and did you get an alternative more suitable. This shortage is annoying if we don't have enough problems! 😔. Clio

Sgtvhilts

Re: New hrt giving me headaches
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 09:05:39 PM »

Could be the Urtrogestan. 
Now i am a urtrogestan 'hater' I quit after 5 days on it as it drove me absolutley nuts!! Some folk on here absolutley love it though, so this is just my opinion.
Me and progesterone have never really got on, but if you were fine on your other regieme, check what progesterone was in that and see if it comes alone and combo it with your oestrogen
Lots may disagree with me on this, but Oestrogen is pretty much Oestrogen in whatever form.  There are some older ones that are not used much these days, but i think nearly all preps are based on estraidol hemihydrate which is newer and in most preps these days.
If you were on the other for 12 yrs then the headache could just be down to the change in regieme, or stress brought on by all the shortages!!
I am on Femeston 1mgs and Oestrogen (whatever the pharmcy has)patches , the dose of which i adjust according to symptom control

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 09:21:26 PM »

Hi
Just looked up Evorel sequi. It contains Norethisterone as progesterone.  I know you can get that as the mini pill. NOt sure if it comes in any other 'single' form- it might well do.  Then you could go back to the same regieme but in a different format- if that makes sense.

Rhiner

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 08:08:54 AM »

Clio,
I had a bit of headache initially but this subsided, it prob depends on your dosage too. I was on 100mg alternate days continuous, if you are on 200mg as a sequin regime, may be this is quite a large hit all at once.
Rhiner

clio

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 07:11:38 PM »

Thank you for the replies ladies, yesterday which was day 9 I felt awful and today day 10 I got the most awful period pains, not had a period pain this bad since I was in my teens and I'm 52 now. I take 2 100g a day at bedtime from day 15-26. I've made an appointment with my doc in a couple of weeks. All this because I cannot get my regular everol sequi patches. These tablets have really knocked 10 bells out of me. 😭

Clio