Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Successes With HRT?  (Read 2023 times)

Cadgwith Girl

Successes With HRT?
« on: December 05, 2019, 04:31:46 PM »

Hi ladies,
Could you let me know which HRT you have had the most success with.
I'm currently off work due to a variety of issues (which some of you know about already through reading my other posts) including perimenopausal depression and anxiety.  I cannot afford to be off work for much longer and don't want to be anyway.
In short I want to feel more like my old self and be able to cope in my job for the next few years at least! I no longer have a significant other in my life so I've GOT to find a way to get back to work and feel mentally stable in my job and earn an income which helps me to get by, rather than waking up every morning and not knowing from one minute to the next if I'm going to be okay or run and hide in the nearest toilet to have a good cry! It also doesn't look good to pupils when you come out of the toilet with very red eyes!!! I want to feel passionate about my job again and be able to cope with the pressures and demands of it! I always thought I would be in education until I choose to retire, not be forced out of it early due to menopause symptoms!
I know everyone is different when it comes to HRT but some successes might help me to make a more informed decision.Thankyou.   :o
Cadgwith Girl

Dotty

Re: Successes With HRT?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 04:35:04 PM »

Oestrogel, utrogestan and Testosterone .....works for me.xx

Cadgwith Girl

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 04:55:07 PM »

Thanks, Dotty,
I'm on the same wavelength as you. I'm thinking about utrogestan for the progesterone side of things because I used to suffer horribly from PMT when I was younger. It only got better when I gave up coffee and caffeine. I was never able to cope with a coil or the pill when I was younger either. However, things might be different now due to dropping levels of hormones.
xx

Cadgwith Girl

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 04:59:19 PM »

No advice I'm afraid Cadwithgirl, I'll leave that to the more experienced members.

I just want to tell you that you have my full sympathy, and that teachers like yourself are simply wonderful. It's obvious that you are very dedicated to your profession and your pupils. I really hope you find something to help very soon.💜

Hi Lola,
What a lovely thing to say! If I had my way, I would still be a full time teacher and dedicate all my time to teaching now that I no longer have a SO in my life. My passion has always been teaching but I currently don't have the energy or mental capacity to cope with it; the brain fog doesn't help either! So now I'm trying to settle for the next best alternative which is being a teaching assistant. That way I can still make a difference to children's education and know exactly what I am doing when I am working with children!
xx

Cadgwith Girl

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 05:03:07 PM »

I will award gold stars all round to those of you ladies who can help me to find the right HRT which will give me back the quality of life I used to have and help me to work until normal retirement age, rather than being forced to cut it short due to this phase of our lives!!!
 :rofl:

xx

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 05:52:55 PM »

hi there

estrogel ain't suiting me ! hairloss heavy head fatigue emotionally up and down
every women is different though and what works for one won't necessarily work for another it's how your body responds to hormones after all they are all artificial

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 06:07:35 PM »

Hi there

I tried to look back at your posts but couldn't easily find the info regarding menopause ie what your periods are doing and how far into or near to menopause you are and what symptoms re flushes and sweats. ie what is your cycle length and flow?

I have always had success with patches and have been using them for 12 + years. So depending where in menopause you are, you could try these ( or gel as Dotty said) along with utrogestan. Can be taken cyclically or continuously depending where you are in menopause. I find it too sedating so I still take it cyclically (and vaginally) even though I am well post-meno in mid 60's Maybe I've already said this elsewhere? Sorry if I have already?

Also can't remember how old you are! I know you have to be completely on the ball with teaching - in the past I have worked with children and there is no way I could have done this feeling in any way under par....

Hope you manage to find something that works for you :)

Hurdity x

Cadgwith Girl

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 06:11:14 PM »

Hi Sammiejane,
Thanks for your info
Cadgwith Girl
xx

Ladybt28

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 06:28:15 PM »

Hi Cadgwith Girl - I am a success story but downside - it too a few years!
Tried 6 forms of hrt over 10 years, mind you one of them I was on for 6 years but didn't know enough to know it wasn't working properly.  What works for me is oestrogel, utrogestan on a cycle (can't take continuous progesterone) and one blob (was 2) of testosterone a week.  I now feel better than I have in 20 years (turns out hormones were up the left prior to meno, but hey ho, we live and learn!).
Good luck.

Cadgwith Girl

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 06:30:42 PM »

Hi Ladybt28,
Thankyou for this. It's the route I'm thinking of trying.
Cadwith Girl xx

Cadgwith Girl

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 06:44:29 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
I didn't think to state where I am with menopause!  :o
I'm 49 years old and have definitely been in perimenopause since December 2017 because that's when I started having hot flashes.  However, I think I have been in perimenopause going back as far as 2014 because that is when I started having mood swings.
My periods are generally very light.  Last year I went through a phase of going three months at a time without a period and then they reverted to normal whilst I was using natural remedies: agnus castus, black cohosh, dong quai, ashwaganda and milk thistle. However, these remedies stopped working this year.
I have generally managed to stave of hot flashes and night sweats due to vigilance with my diet: no sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol (almost). I always know when too much sugar has crept back into my diet as the hot flashes start up again.
I have suffered with many other perimenopausal symptoms on and off too: nausea, insomnia, depression, anxiety, palpitations etc.
Currently, my periods have gone awry again. Not had one for 6 weeks now.

Foxylady

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 06:59:16 PM »

Hi Cadgwith Girl, My quality of life is far better since being on HRT, so many symptoms totally resolved others vastly improved. I'm on my second combination initially everol sequi then everol 75 patches & progesterone tablets 5mg continous. Due to stocking issues I am waiting on a gel prescription from my GP, will let you know how that goes, feeling a bit aprehensive with changing but hopefully it will be straightforward ;).
For me it was a no brainer Cadgwith girl due to my age 41yrs I am taking it for heart and bone health aswell as symptom control. x

Sammiejane

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 07:19:56 PM »

hi dotty

did u start estrogel and utrogestan and testosterone altogether ?

Sammiejane

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 09:28:39 PM »

hi can you advise how i start my own thread then !

my apologies i assumed i had the freedom to ask questions wherever

Wilks

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2019, 10:28:07 PM »

Hi :-)
I'm on Oestrogel, utrogestan and testosterone. I was using Estradot patches til they ran out and I swapped to gel.
It's working for me, although I had to add fluoxetine and counselling to the cocktail to get over the dreadful depression I had got into.

Good luck x
Pages: [1] 2