Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Progesterone intolerant??  (Read 837 times)

Polpringle

Progesterone intolerant??
« on: December 05, 2019, 10:38:26 AM »

I'm on day 5 of progesterone 100mg vaginally and 2pumps of gel
& I feel horrendous like constant PMT I feel so Angry and tearful could this be a sign of Progesterone intolerance?
I was following the regime of 25days progesterone but don't think I can continue if I will feel like this all the time 😢
Do I follow DR Studds regime 100mg for 7 days and more Estrogel?
Surely if I go to 200mg for 15 days I'm going to feel worse?

My god I just want to feel better this is intolerable 😢😢😢

Sgtvhilts

Re: Progesterone intolerant??
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »

Oh yes,
Very familiar with this story.
Same as you I used utrogestan, decided to only take 100mgs to start with, because i've Never had a good relationship with progesterone, before going to the whole 250.
Day 5- meltdown,  completely nuts, pmt and then some, racing head anxious +++.
So stopped , symptoms went.
To cut a very long story short and with a lot of persuasion with my gp, I went back on Femeston 1mg- essentially for progesterone only, then use 100mcg of patches- bingo success. Regimen not in NICE guidelines, so meno clinic not happy, but I dumped them and stuck with GP.
They were always clucking about my uterus lining being too thick.....so scan me I said, they did turns out to be 4 mm so not thick at all
Dydrogestone is the only progesterone i've Ever got on with, took the same in combined pill for years.
Now I am a bit of a persistent bird- a pain in the backside for medics, but it is working and I feel sane.
So keep the faith and be confident and determined.

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 12:46:59 PM »

Polpringle, I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Utrogestan but it's very common and it comes up on here all the time. 

You could increase to 3 pumps of gel and try the 100mg Utrogestan for 7 days each cycle, I did it successfully for a number of years as do many other women.  It's a good idea to have a yearly scan to check the womb lining if you follow this regime.

Have you tried any other forms of progesterone?

Sgtvhilts, your regime sounds interesting, all credit to you for thinking outside the box.

Polpringle

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 01:21:07 PM »

Thank you Ladies.
The only other Progesterone I've tried is the Progesterone only Pill.
This is my first month taking HRT and I was fully expecting it to take tine to settle but I honestly cannot carry on like this.
I'm Peri and have been for about 4years but because of other issues (mum passing away of cancer, fibro diagnosis husband leaving me)I just thought the depression anxiety etc was all because of that. But the last 6m I've read up constantly about Menopause and can see that the symptoms all coincide with hormone fluctuations. I'm in a new relationship and I can see it all going wrong because of how I'm feeling 😢
People say “exercise “ but I'm a dog walker and walk 4-5 hours a day. I take supplements for health eat plant based and take CBD oil and getting to the point I'm feeling suicidal which feels like an over reaction to me but the feeling is real 😢

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 03:13:37 PM »

What about using the POP again, if you were good on it, then ‘persuade' your GP to add a bit of Oestrogen and maybe you'll get some relief.
I am not a particular believer in supplements- sure they do no harm, and blow the cobwebs , anxiety and stress, but as for treatment I always go nuclear.
And exercise - urg hate it- the thought of it makes me ill again does no harm and probably does benefit, but not sure it would get rid of your symptoms alone.
Just trying to save you cash and no rely on false hope.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:17:16 PM by Sgtvhilts »

Polpringle

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »

I've asked the question numerous times at the start of this journey
if I could use the POP as my continuous progesterone just like the Mirena Without using another Progesterone and always been told No you need to use the other to have a bleed (I'm PERI) it doesn't make sense to me though!
Surely the POP would do the same as the Mirena and no other Progesterone is needed with that to produce a bleed

Cadgwith Girl

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 04:49:04 PM »

Hi Polpringle,
I really feel for you! I'm in a similar situation. I'm now on my own after splitting with my partner who couldn't cope with my perimenopause. Unfortunately, I had no one to tell me what was happening to me; my mum has been in care for over 7 years with Alzheimers.  Here's to hoping that I am going to eventually find a man who DOES actually understand what I am going through and CAN support me through it!
I'm a dog walker too and have taken all manner of natural products costing me £££s over the past two years, to only find that they no longer work. I'm on the point of trying HRT as I'm desperate to get back to work and even more desperate to feel normal again! The one thing that does help me is the love of my dog who loves me unconditionally. She's my black lab fur baby! She helps me to get out and about.
Feeling suicidal is not an over reaction. I have been there too!
Try to keep strong and make sure you talk to your new partner about this. If he is the right man for you, he will support you and help to get you through. Communicication is essential! Unfortunately, I did not talk to my partner; I bottled things up and hid in my bed most of the time. If we had talked more openly, who knows, we might have got through this!
Sending you Christmas hugs xxx