Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Results of ecg and halter monitor.  (Read 5380 times)

Annie0710

Re: Results of ecg and halter monitor.
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2019, 08:20:19 AM »

I have had weird heartbeats since the age of 40.  I was diagnosed with Arrythmia.   Started Peri menopause at 45 and heartbeats went crazy.  Had the Holter monitor,  even during the night they ranged from 40-140 , missing beats, adding beats in etc

I saw a cardiologist who said he suspects AF and ordered the treadmill test and scan, no AF diagnosed thank god, just a worsening of Arrythmia.  My HR at rest has reached 200bpm !

palpitations started whilst on long term oral hrt but were worse on estradot and much better on oestrogel and since adding T to the mix I rarely notice them now x

Wrensong

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2019, 10:12:03 AM »

Hi Yellowflower, great that your Echo etc found nothing amiss other than the PVCs.  I'm pleased for you  :)
it would appear I have a wacky heartbeat for no reason
- so you don't think the PVCs are related to menopause in your case?

Hi Annie, interested to hear that T seems to have helped yours.  Pleased for you too  :)  Have recently started to feel my ectopics coming back  ::), having been obliged to have a few weeks off HRT, then just resumed use, so far oestrogen only.  This seems to have stirred things up again, but similar has happened in the past & always settled after a while.  So far they're mild & not worrying me.  I hope you continue to feel well - always good to hear how women find solutions to the various challenges at our stage of life. :)

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 11:15:30 AM by Wrensong »

yellowflower

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2019, 08:21:16 PM »

Hi Wrensong, the doctors are firm in their opinion that this is not hormone related. My GP agrees that it may be related to my migraine medication and that is why I am seeing a cardiologist soon.

Wrensong

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2019, 09:58:11 PM »

I understand Yellowflower.  Good luck with the Cardiologist, though everything sounds very reassuring so far.  I hope he will be able to advise how best to deal with the condition.  Please keep us updated if you have time.
Wx

yellowflower

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2020, 12:09:19 AM »

I had my appointment with the cardiologist yesterday re my 8% ectopic beats. First question "do you drink coffee?" This has been the first question out of the mouths of every doctor involved in this process. He has asked me to switch to decaf if I am not prepared to give up coffee. He looked at all my normal results (other than the ECG and Halter) and told me it is indeed a benign condition, but would like me to do a stress echocardiogram. I am tossing up whether or not to bother with this as I had a normal echocardiogram done a couple of weeks ago.

Sparrow

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2020, 08:28:12 AM »

Sounds like good news though yellowflower.

Some people, like me, are particularly caffeine sensitive.  Decaf now is a much better product so it's won't be a hardship.

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 11:56:47 AM »

I had to go decaf too
Definitely have the tests you have been offered x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 01:34:11 PM »

I would do a stress echo if you have been offered one, my daughter has to have one each year.

Wrensong

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2020, 10:56:02 AM »

Agree with the other ladies - would go for the additional echo I think.  Look for coffee that's decaffeinated by the water method.  Not sure what's available where you are but I buy Taylors.  :)

Jeepers

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2020, 11:04:59 AM »

Lavazza do a decent decaff, which uses the water method.  Agree that Taylor of Harrogate is good too

Sparrow

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2020, 11:18:21 AM »

Agree with the other ladies - would go for the additional echo I think.  Look for coffee that's decaffeinated by the water method.  Not sure what's available where you are but I buy Taylors.  :)

Most if not all are now, produced by the water method.  I like Douwe Egberts.

Wrensong

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2020, 12:58:59 PM »

That's interesting Shadyglade - thank you!  Will have to experiment & see whether there's another I like better.  I did try another a couple of years ago I liked (forget the brand now) but price shot up after special offer period  :(

yellowflower

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2020, 11:17:41 PM »

Hubby purchased a $1000 coffee machine for me for Christmas which grinds the beans for you. I found a beautiful decaf coffee from a Byron Bay company called "Buns" and I am really enjoying it. Coffee is a big part of my life. I meet my son and his partner every Sunday for coffee and I usually have 2 coffees a day. There are some other brands I am going to try as well.

Wrensong

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2020, 10:15:43 AM »

It's all round to yours for coffee then Yellowflower?! :D

KaraShannon

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2020, 09:49:32 PM »

Hi Yellowflower

I could have written your post.  I have recently had a normal echo but a history of ectopics (ventricular and atrial), I find doctors really don't understand our hormones at all, I know they said your's isn't hormone related but they did say that to me as well.  Yet my ectopics have improved since my period has gone (last 2 months) and there was always a bit of a pattern with hormones for me. 

The Echo tells you if you've a structurally normal heart (sorry if they told you all this), if you have then these things don't matter.  A stress echo is just being thorough, making sure you've got a good blood supply to the heart.  Some doctors wouldn't bother at this stage but that's the only difference between an echo on it's own and a stress echo.  Dr Sanjay Gupta (York Cardiology on You Tube) explains a lot of things very well.

Anyway, all the best, it all sounds fine to me  :)
Pages: 1 [2]