Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femoral Nerve  (Read 3951 times)

Bobidy

Femoral Nerve
« on: November 16, 2019, 10:42:46 PM »

Hi

I'm just wondering if any of you have had a trapped femoral nerve (groin/upper inner thigh area).

My doctor thinks I have this and I've got to go for physio.

I suspect it's something to do with peri muscle and ligament stuff as it's a recent addition to the list.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femoral Nerve
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 04:07:09 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax.  I have various aches and pains all the while, enough to make me go 'ouch!'.  Yesterday it was sciatica, couldn't work out why.

Are you sitting/standing correctly and time to check your footwear!

Foxylady

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 09:19:11 PM »

Bobidy, yes I had it excrutiating pain ended up on gabapentin, tramadol, etc etc. It was a few years ago now, wrongly diagnosed by GP & NHS physio, eventually told that's what it was & treated for it by private physio, such relief. I couldn't sleep with the pain, had never heard of it even though I'm a nurse.   that's interesting what GP says the more I find out the more I realise so many symptoms over alot of years likely peri (I'm 41yrs). Hope you get relief from physio. x

Bobidy

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 10:41:08 PM »

Hi Foxylady, do you mind me asking what stretches etc you needed to do? I can't get a physio until January

Thanks x

Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 09:41:17 AM »

Hi Bobidy, I honestly can't remember it was so long ago but the private physio I saw she's hands on & did alot of manipulation, I think I saw her twice & that was me sorted. Whereas before I had been months in agony, nobody  other than her properly listened to what I was saying, ie where the pain was, GP & NHS physio fixated on it's from the hip, I never had hip pain it was always in a specific point of the groin. There's an MSK website, not sure if it has any specific exercises on it?! Sorry I can't be more help. x