Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Which Dr Koufman Book  (Read 1446 times)

Bobidy

Which Dr Koufman Book
« on: November 12, 2019, 07:56:11 PM »

Hi

Which Dr Koufman book would you recommend, as there are a couple to choose from. Thanks x

Bobidy

Re: Which Dr Koufman Book
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 10:48:07 PM »

Ok so I ended up getting both books used off Amazon. Interesting reading and I would say a must for reflux sufferers. I personally thought the recipes section (half the book) was pointless but the other bits were good, and food lists helpful. Don't pay for a new book though.

I also have the dummies guide to reflux which is really good if not better.

Thanks to the lady on here who recommended dr koufman (sorry I can't remember who) x

AgathaC

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 11:40:41 PM »

I think it was me!

PS I'm sorry I didn't see your original post - when I come on here, I don't always look at all the unread posts since last visit, just the new replies.

So, I'm sorry I didn't recommend a specific book, but it sounds like you have the one I have. I agree that the recipe part is the least interesting but, anyway.

Are you going to follow the diet? X

PPS going to take your recommendation in return and look at the dummies guide x

Bobidy

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 12:47:44 AM »

Hi, Yes thank you! To be honest my diet is pretty much as she describes now anyway so with a couple more tweaks it should be really easy to follow, although I do love lots of fruit! Its basically just healthy eating so it doesn't feel too restrictive to me and I've lost a couple of extra peri meno pounds so that's a bonus.

It's making me much more creative with cooking which is good and my husband is also enjoying it but has what he calls 'a dirty weekend' where he has his curry, burgers, pizzas etc whilst I carry on.

I'm trying to come up with 4 x weekly menus to do on rotation each month (with some flexibility of course) so I'm not constantly thinking about it, or having the same thing.

Do you have normal milk? I'm on almond milk at the mo, I only have it on my morning oats anyway. Do you have yogurt? I'd been eating kefir yogurt as I really like it but have stopped for now but miss it.

Yes the dummies guide is good. Your local library may have a copy so you don't have to buy it.

I've also just bought a wedge pillow which is great and much better than having the bed up on blocks.

Thanks again x