Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Fem 7  (Read 1147 times)

Juneo

Fem 7
« on: November 09, 2019, 07:04:37 AM »

Hysterectomy at 32 overies were left in had one removed 15 years ago I am now 55. Symptoms brittle hair, exhausted, forgetful, vaginal dryness, water infections, mood swings, crying over the slightest thing, dry skin. My go put me in Fem 7 four weeks ago I use etriol vaginal cream also. Still feeling pretty much the same to be honest advice please x

Beaker

Re: Fem 7
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 08:21:59 AM »

All normal symptoms for oestrogen deficiency.
Please persist with your HRT and remember it really does take about 12 weeks before you know whether it is really working for you (or not).
Don't give up, Juneo.
Review with your GP at 12 weeks and be honest with them - if your symptoms are still awful tell them.
You may need an increase in your HRT dose by then.
Best of luck!!

Juneo

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 07:49:16 AM »

Hi Thank you for your reply I have notice i am getting palpitations started around the time I started on my hrt I have just been to see my gp he said nothing to do with her and has started me on citalopram for anxiety

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 08:13:18 AM »

Hi Juneo - sorry to hear this - I would resist taking the ADs - after all if your symptoms have recently appeared it is more important to get the HRT dose right! If you haven't previously suffered from anxiety then why would you need ADs now?  These are for depression. These are sadly handed out far too easily. Have you been taking other meds? What dose of Femseven and were you getting any flushes or sweats?

If you are having palpitations then surely these should be investigated rather than meds being dished out which may be unsuitable? It could also be coincidence - when you say about the time you started HRT - before or after? They are often a sign of low oestrogen.

I hope you manage to get this sorted!

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 09:04:24 AM »

hi juneo

are you on the femsevern patch ? tablet ?

Juneo

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 06:35:22 PM »

Hi Hurdity and sammiejane I have had problems with anxiety and panic attacks before due to family issues and are still inviting regarding fem 7 50 patches. I have had a ecg and blood tests taken and have all come back normal i was having bad flushes they have almost disappeared since being on the patches I still.have very low mood  and forgetful and dry skin one thing I am no longer getting water infections i am also using estriol cream
Thanks June

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 09:19:10 PM »

juneo

how long have you been on the patches ?

Juneo

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 06:43:45 AM »

I've been on the patches for two months now

Juneo

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 09:40:18 AM »

Hi Lola b i have had CBT and counselling with insight and mind because of past family and to be honest still angling family issues. I will speak to my gp regarding the patches twice a week rather than the one a week i am currently using Thank you