Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ashwagandha  (Read 9935 times)

AgathaC

Re: Ashwagandha
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 04:03:57 PM »

Sun damage on nose?
Sorry about that xx

Sparrow

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 04:12:21 PM »

Sun damage on nose?
Sorry about that xx

Thanks Agatha but it's okay.  Just a damn nuisance really.  Doesn't look nice, at the moment, but it's not sore.

Harmony

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 04:25:27 PM »

I bought a dried bag of this, but it tasted so awful I couldn't swallow it, even mixed with cordial. Did you buy capsules?

Sparrow

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 04:49:24 PM »

I bought a dried bag of this, but it tasted so awful I couldn't swallow it, even mixed with cordial. Did you buy capsules?

Hi,
Yes we have ordered capsules.  Apparently it is famous for its foul taste which is discribed like 'horse sweat'.  Just hope the capsules aren't too big.

KaraShannon

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 10:27:52 PM »

I'm drinking the Peace tea by Pukka, it has Ashwaganda and Hemp in it and I feel pretty chilled after it.   :)

Sparrow

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 07:49:59 AM »

That's interesting. I will look out for that one, thanks 🙂.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 05:38:25 PM »

Aloe Vera is apparently useful for many conditions but apparently it tastes AWFUL!  I know a man who stuck with, he was bent over with pain but after a few months got rid of his stick and has been fine in the last 4 years.  Don't know whether he cointniined with drinking it though  ;D

Cadgwith Girl

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2019, 06:22:28 PM »

Hi Shadyglade,
I took the tincture form of Ashwaganda last year and it worked well for me back then but it doesn't suit everyone and it is quite expensive.  I recommended it to someone I know but she had a poor reaction to it and ended up giving the rest of the product to me. I may go back on it at some point but at the moment I'm on antidepressants to help me get through a difficult time.
The tincture version of Ashwaganda has quite a powerful smell and taste. It takes a bit of getting used to.

Sparrow

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2019, 10:51:23 AM »

Thanks CG.  It's just my son taking it at the moment (capsules), and no adverse results.  He does seem to have more energy, that's the only thing I have noticed.

squeaker99

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2019, 06:06:46 PM »

I swear by a brimful of Ashwa , on the 45

:banana:

ElkWarning

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2019, 08:40:14 PM »

I swear by a brimful of Ashwa , on the 45

:banana:

Oh god, that made me laugh.

To answer the question directly (don't know why I'm answering so many herbalism issues today), yes, I take it, but not in capsule form.  Sorry if I'm repeating what I've said elsewhere, but capsules are pretty rubbish - unless you're getting them from Neal's Yard or something.  Herbs just aren't really meant to be taken this way.  We don't pour powder over our food and expect it to have the same 'benefits' of parsley, sage, rosemary or thyme, so why we'd think it would do so in our bodies is slightly beyond me.

So I guess we'd call it Withania here.  I'm currently taking a tincture, prepared for me by a herbalist, who I've been seeing for about three months every few weeks.  My tincture has Withania (balance / cortisol), together with Valerian (for anxiety), Asparagus (for heat, both physical and emotional) as well as Ziziphus.  There's some other stuff in there.  Well, I stopped waking up at 3.30am from the cortisol rushes.  I'm not hot in the head or the body any more.  My resting heart rate is loads lower.  I also take a lot of tea, made from the roots, not in a tea bag.  I like Valerian, Limeflower and Damiana.

In short, herbs aren't a magic bullet.  They work with you, not suppress you.  You have to sort of imagine them as part of your system, not an external influence.  Same with cannabis.  I don't smoke anymore because a) it's illegal, so of course I never did; and b) the THC content is too high.  THC causes your heart to beat faster.  I don't need that.  CBD, the other element of cannabis, is the relaxer.  I only want that bit, so I vape it, because it's legal, and it works.

Best

EK

Cristabelle

• First Flush
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2021, 10:55:49 PM »

Cortisol rushes? Can you tell me any more about them? I think I am loosing my sanity waking every day at 5 with intense feelings of anxiety in my stomach. Could it be that?

Nas

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2021, 04:07:39 PM »

Christa, I am having the exact same thing and have done since menopause started. I hate it.

This horrid anxious feeling in my tummy.

I’ve bought ashwangandha capsules to take at night  to hopefully alleviate this issue as I’m sick of it.

Postmeno3

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2021, 04:17:15 PM »

Be sure to get the pure root extract from a good brand like Solgar? Better for absorption and subsequent results. Takes time, though, not a quick fix sadly, but at least you're taking control. Good luck!

Nas

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2021, 04:28:28 PM »

I’ve got KS66 capsules and root powder. Who knows if it will work. We can but try!
Pages: 1 [2] 3