Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel 50 - Estraderm MX50  (Read 4541 times)

LizzyLoo

Evorel 50 - Estraderm MX50
« on: November 26, 2019, 04:56:04 PM »

Hi folks. Been on Evorel 50 for years since TAH/BSO at age of 33 and now due to the shortage I've been in a panic to find a replacement. Anyway turns out I got the last box of (x24) Estraderm MX50 from the pharmacy last week and I'm Day 1 of changeover today.

Generally I'm not keen to change brands although it's generally the same dosage.
Firstly I'm pleased it seems to stick fine but my belly is suffering with IBS symptoms today. Just wondering if it's due to the anxiety, eating cabbage in my coleslaw last night  ;D or is the result of the changeover last night. Hmmmm  :-\

Anyway just thought I'd say Hi  :)

Hurdity

Re: Evorel 50 - Estraderm MX50
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 06:28:17 PM »

Hi LizzyLoo

:welcomemm:

Yes there are many of us struggling with fidning the right hRT at the moment - especially patches! I have also been swapped to Estraderm - which are enormous compared with the Estradot that I was using for many years (12 + !). I doubt very much that changing brand will cause those symptoms - far more likely to be anxiety or the cabbage  ;D . I mean there may be a slight difference in absorption most probably due to the different patch size and adhesives etc but not sure it would be enough to lead to noticeable side effects - especially with the same dose?

You haven't said how old you are now but I hope otherwise you have been feeling generally well in yourself on this oestrogen regime for however many years you've been using it?

Hopefully your IBS will improve and you settle down on these new patches....

Hurdity x

LizzyLoo

Re: Evorel 50 - Estraderm MX50
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 06:59:32 PM »

Thankyou! Yeh I'm really hoping you're right Hurdity. BTW I'm 47. Before I switched I looked into the patches and did my research as to what else they contained. These Estraderms have palm oil and with my IBS I'm aware I can react to that and in general I'm not good tolerating quite a few fats amongst other things. However I'm sure it's that small a content that it shouldn't be causing these symptoms.

The Estradot which I also looked into said there's Soy component! So they really all do differ a bit!!!

I was lucky finding success straight away days after my Op (all those yrs ago) and have stayed on the same thing for 14yrs! No it's not perfect as I always say I run on half the cylinders I should be but I just work with my body and do what I can.