Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: When "down below" feels embarrassing!  (Read 1917 times)

Sadie49

When "down below" feels embarrassing!
« on: October 29, 2019, 12:48:46 PM »

Greetings ladies! I'd like to run a particular menopause nasty by you to see how common it is, and how you coped with it!

I`m now 70 and began the meno around age  52. Over the years I've learned (mostly online!) about this time of life changes, and feel I am winning the battle - mentally and emotionally, if not physically!

A physical change that began to occur around 3-4 years after everything started to change was that I noticed one or two cysts/bumps/ appear "down below" either side of the entrance. I didn't think they needed attention and they certainly didn't spoil intimacy at the size they were then.

All these years later, I now have 4-5 pea-size cysts with no head that either itch or burn depending on the soap I use, or how tight my jeans/panties are! Hubby at 75 seems to have totally gone off the boil sex-wise and we live now as housekeeper/friends despite being together for 35 years with 2 sons. We used to be such a fun-couple after dark and I really miss those moments...

I am a young at heart/young to look at 70 year old, and would love to entice my still handsome and desirable hubby back again - the problem is now for me these damn cysts have got me so wound up and embarrassed I dread even the Dr. examining me, let alone my OH!

Have any of you ladies experienced this menopause madness?? Just when you can really feel safe "in the moment" with your beloved, things like this creep in and spoil it all - once again!

I will go to see my lady GP and I have read online that these cysts have a name and can be removed or drained in the surgery under a local anaesthetic. (I have gently squeezed the smaller less painful ones and only a creamy substance emitted until it went flat again.) I just feel so...spoilt.... :'(

Any helps/hopes would be great!

Many thanks!
Sadie49 x

Dierdre

Re: When "down below" feels embarrassing!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 02:07:52 PM »

They sound like Bartholin cysts but i would have them checked by the doctor to make sure as they can be very painful if they become infected.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 02:14:02 PM »

Hi!  ageing doesn't come alone does it  ::)

Sounds within normal limits for various problems that can occur in the vaginal area.  Don't be afraid to discuss this with the Practice Nurse who can refer you/discuss with the GP if necessary.    Make a note and hand over to save embarrassment ;-). 

Also consider whether you have vaginal atrophy symptoms - do read our threads, we know a lot more about this than most GPs  ;)

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Let us know how you get on. 

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 09:31:04 PM »

Do you have any local oestrogen?

I know that it is this area that hurts first when I need to use mine - especially on one side.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 11:30:52 PM »

Definitely see the doc for the cysts. No need to be embarrassed he (or hopefully she) will have seen it all before. It's advisable not to use soap there. I get thrush if I use it and it's clearly irritating your cysts.
Little blue pills for hubby?  ;)

yellowflower

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 12:53:30 AM »

Hi Sadie. I did a brief google search and found this: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/bartholins-cyst/

Regardless of what your cysts are, a trip to the doctor sounds warranted.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 09:37:28 AM »

:thankyou: