Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10  (Read 5518 times)

mrscav

Femoston 1/10
« on: February 24, 2017, 06:03:02 PM »

Hi Ladies
just picked up my 1st prescription of Femoston 1/10 , I'm 53 next month and have been suffering for about 18 months before deciding enough is enough and going down the HRT route.  I started with hot flushes last year and my periods stopped, then my flushes stopped & periods started again, they've stopped again now and the hot flushes have returned with vengeance . I dont think I get mood swings altho my hubby might disagree, I have noticed my memory is dreadful no tho'.
Just reading the leaflet in my tablets, but thought I might understand more from someone who's taking them . so ..........
Do I have to take them at the same time every day ?
Do I have normal periods again now?
How long before my hot flushes stop ?
Will they make me gain weight ?
Looking forward to being a member of this site and talking to people that know what I'm going through.  I went to see 'Menopause' at the theatre last year & laughed my head off but my friend who I went with is 12 years younger and didn't have a clue what I was laughing at  :)
Happy hot flush free weekend everyone xx

Dancinggirl

Re: Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 06:37:48 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM mrscav
Ok - what you have is a sequential HRT and Femoston is a good one as it has a kinder progesterone that suits many women very well.  You are still peri meno and have been experiencing the fluctuation in hormones that is typical as the ovaries start to decline and hormones gradually reduce.

Yes, you do need to take them at the same time each day.
The periods you get will be a withdrawal bleed after you finish the progesterone phase - or after you finish and whole card (pack) -  this bleed protects the womb lining from building up.  These bleeds will hopefully be light ( last about 4-5 days) and even if you own natural periods have stopped, this HRT will keep an artificial cycle going. It may take a few months for things to settle - so expect a few side effects (possibly sore boobs) at first and maybe even some erratic bleeding.
Your flushes could start to reduce within a couple of weeks. By 4 weeks you should be sleeping like a baby and feeling cool, calm and collected.
HRT doesn't usually make you gain weight - a little bloating is normal but as we enter meno our metabolism does slow and it's a good idea to really look at your diet and lifestyle generally - so reduce portion size and cut out as much sugar as possible. Whether on HRT or not, this is the time when the middle age spread can emerge!!!!
Enjoy getting your life back - keep us posted  DG x

mrscav

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 08:49:30 PM »

Thanks for that Dancing Girl , can't wait for the flushes to stop, yesterday was the worst day ever, hot flushes + dizzy spells , think the girls in our office will be glad when I'm sorted, the radiator is behind my desks and I refuse to have it on lol, even my dogs fed up , our bedroom is that cold he keeps trying to get under the quilt instead of lying on top where he should be.
Wasn't impressed that femoston 1/10 is classed as 2 prescriptions so it cost me £16 , I'm sure the doctor said as soon as we found out if it works for me she will prescribe 6 months at once so thats not bad
Ive been reading some of the members posts and some are happy with it so will just have to keep my fingers crossed xx

Shrirrell

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 08:09:54 PM »

Hi Ladies
just picked up my 1st prescription of Femoston 1/10 , I'm 53 next month and have been suffering for about 18 months before deciding enough is enough and going down the HRT route.  I started with hot flushes last year and my periods stopped, then my flushes stopped & periods started again, they've stopped again now and the hot flushes have returned with vengeance . I dont think I get mood swings altho my hubby might disagree, I have noticed my memory is dreadful no tho'.
Just reading the leaflet in my tablets, but thought I might understand more from someone who's taking them . so ..........
Do I have to take them at the same time every day ?
Do I have normal periods again now?
How long before my hot flushes stop ?
Will they make me gain weight ?
Looking forward to being a member of this site and talking to people that know what I'm going through.  I went to see 'Menopause' at the theatre last year & laughed my head off but my friend who I went with is 12 years younger and didn't have a clue what I was laughing at  :)
Happy hot flush free weekend everyone xx