Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Peri menopause and anxiety  (Read 5135 times)

Booroo

Peri menopause and anxiety
« on: October 20, 2019, 07:53:11 AM »

I'm 47 in peri for prob 3?years have lots of stress lost both my parents within last 6 years have 3 children one away at school uni in different country one who works full time and has crohns active and primary school little one. I come on here lots for reassurance I suffer terribly with anxiety and ibs am doing online counselling at mo am looking for help to stop me going off my head ;D
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Peri menopause and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 07:54:59 AM »

:welcomemm:

Sorry that you don't have parents for support.  As well as having youngsters to co-ordinate, it can take a toll on daily life.

How does the anxiety manifest itself?

Booroo

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 08:04:52 AM »

Hi lump in throat come and go seen 3 different gps all happy that nothing untoward and anxiety with ibs can cause upper gi problems I don't have friends as such I don't trust that many after couple of so called ones have dropped me in poo over th years and my proper friends are younger and nit going through it so don't have the chance to discuss so that winds me up I guess and other people can't keep their mouth shut and what you tell them ends up doing the rounds!

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 09:25:40 AM »

You can vent on here booroo,I joined this site over a year ago now,with dreadful health anxiety and depression,the ladies on here helped me immensely,just to know you're not alone can be enough,my daughter has crohns/colitis and I was diagnosed with IBS over 25 years ago, I also had the lump in throat,which can just appear but it is probably anxiety,had it checked out with a barium meal and nothing there,then mysteriously the lump went,funny that🙄 keep posting and you will find the help here,much love

Booroo

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 10:14:57 AM »

Thank you
Yes have had health anxiety in past dr google not way to go but still do it! Yes then you keep swallowing to see if ok ridiculously true

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 12:17:02 PM »

Going to NHS sites on GOOGLE is OK. 

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains, hiatus hernia, throat problems ......

squeaker99

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 02:33:42 PM »

Sorry to hear you have joined the Meno anxiety club too.
Very similar story to yourself. I am 49 and since Peri at 45 have had bad health
anxiety on and off. I don't have many friend as have moved to somewhere remote and those I have
only want to hear the good stuff. It's tough.

I have diagnosed myself with everything via Google over the years and find the health anxiety very hard to
beat. Now I just go to the GP rather than spend weeks/months fretting.  'Funny' (but not) that I am worried about
lump in throat at the moment despite two visits to the GP telling me it is just anxiety!

There are so many niggling Peri/Meno symptoms - gastric/mental/physical/gynea etc that is is easy to be
worried and not know what is normal and what not .

My kids are quite young still - I had them late - so there is a lot going on to contend with. Sometime I feel my life isn't
fun anymore.

Anyway you are not alone.xxxxxxx

Booroo

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 06:02:05 AM »

Squeaker99 thank you yes it does feel an alone place and I never knew that it could be so debilitating it was so taboo never talked about and all you think is hot flushes so so more than that. Yes reassurance from dr google not good cos sends you off even more. When you don't have anyone to ask though at home that's what we do lol.
It's all a pain in the bum xx let's hope we can support each other

Booroo

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 08:10:22 AM »

Ye you seriously begin to wonder where your head is at never used to be like it feel little bit thick at times lol

AgathaC

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2019, 01:35:51 PM »

Hello. I'm in the age 47, health anxiety, perimenopause club too. Agree to all. I've had the throat thing, reflux, tummy problems..... ugh - it feels never ending when I list it.  My diary helps me - “I had this last October and I'm still here...” (that kind of thing). Welcome, by the way xx

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2019, 03:28:55 PM »

You should try going on the funny side of menopause and read the ....what I've diagnosed myself with this year thread,

Booroo

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 04:16:04 PM »

Thanks everyone we are not alone x

Jeepers

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2019, 06:12:22 AM »

Hi AgathaC

Thats what I should do, keep a diary of things.  I'm sure I've been worrying about my heart for at least 3 years!

Love

Jeepers xx

Gillyv

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2019, 01:47:54 PM »

Hi Ladies,
Can't tell you how reassuring it is to hear that I am not the only one to be diagnosing myself with all manner of things ! My thoughts fluctuate constantly, I can be utterly convinced that I have something terrible one minute then am rational the next and tell myself it's just hormones. But at the time is is really frightening. At the moment I am having lots of tummy troubles, wind, nausea loose stools etc so of course in my head I can convince myself that it is something nasty. After reading lots of stories on here I am reassured that lots of ladies suffer the same.

Gillyv
 :)

jaypo

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2019, 01:59:10 PM »

Oh yes gillyv,we can actually cause half our ailments by ourselves,anxiety is truly awful,go to the funny side of meno,we've had everything from our hearts falling off to Ebola 😳😆
Pages: [1] 2 3