Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Natural period at 60 whats going on???  (Read 1447 times)

warwick01

Natural period at 60 whats going on???
« on: October 12, 2019, 11:10:16 AM »

Morning Ladies

I'm not sure what the hell is going on :(

I have been trying to reduce my Oestrogel to 1.5 pumps per day from 2,5 (my choice) then last Monday started to get really bad PMT felt so wired and tense could not keep still. Worse of all the vertigo off balance feeling returned which I got for many years in peri, low back pain etc and I thought I am going to have a period, the following day, Monday a light period started for 5 days I have had a light period sort of old blood but needed a pad. My head as been muzy/spacy like Im going to faint all week and tension unbeleavable.

I don't feel its anything to worry about but wondering if anyone else has experienced this at 60??? sleeping ok, hot flushes not too bad just in the mornings I feel hot and sweaty

W

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Natural period at 60 whats going on???
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 03:07:50 PM »

Remind me: when was your last period?   If more than 12 months ago I would check with the Pharmacist or read the leaflet to see what it suggests.  You had all the PMT symptoms so it seems to be your hormones kicking in against the lower dose.  Why reduce?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 05:39:36 PM »

Hi Warwick. It does sound worrying but If you are on HRT then it can't really be called a 'natural period' ? Which progesterone are you using? How often were you bleeding before reducing the dose?

Taz x  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 10:31:43 PM »

Not made it to 60 yet but 59 in a couple of weeks and still cycling though I miss some now. You do hear of ladies having a bleed months after they thought they'd finished so how unusual it is probably depends more on the length of time since your last one. If it's been over a year and you're worried about it perhaps ask for a scan in case your lining is building up.

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 08:29:29 AM »

Hi Ladies

Thanks for your replies.

I don't know when my last period was >:( >:( as I have been using HRT for nine years. Started on 4 pumps of oestrogel with separate 7 day northisterone which gave me a good withdrawal bleed. It's my choice to come off HRT as to be honest I have never felt quite myself for the last 10 years, whether its due to menopause or HRT I don't really know?? so think a break will help me decide if I still need to continue.

I had a scan 3 months ago as I have a ovarian cyst that's being monitored and lining was nothing to worry about. Taking into consideration the high level of PMT suffered including dizziness and vertigo which I had when I started perimeno ten years ago it all lead me to believe it was a natural period. I just want my life back >:(

Wxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 08:33:42 AM »

Little steps.  Maybe keeping a mood/food/symptom diary would be useful?

Let us know how you get on.  You are doing the right things by having the scan and taking steps to find out where you are.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 11:56:04 AM »

Have you also reduced the norethisterone?

Taz x

warwick01

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 12:07:47 PM »

Hi

Was only due to start Northisterne (every 6 weeks) tomorrow so not sur if I should wait another week?? but oestrogel halfed since last taking northisterone……

Have been sweating and shaky this morning, always worse around 10.00am just coming round now. I think its due to lowering my HRT its like my blood sugar drops

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 04:52:30 PM »

Like Taz said it won't be a natural period. No-one who is on HRT and remans on it, ever has a natural period as such again,  and once you've started HRT, if before menopause then you don't know when you reached menopause. It is extremely unlikely that you haven't reached menopause at 60 - however sheila99 - if you are having natural periods at 58 nearly 59 that is very late indeed! Hopefully you are being checked out just to make sure your late bleeds are not anything serious?

You should still take the progestogen as planned even though you have reduced your oestrogen and had a light bleed as this is a very low dose ie short duration compared to what is licensed as well as long cycle. The bleeding could be due to the lowering of the oestrogen, but you still want to make sure your lining is thinned and shed completely as normal. What dose norethisterone do you take?

Re the sweating and shaking. You would know if it was low blood sugar symptoms as these are unmistakeable - I get them sometimes. What do you eat in the mornings for breakfast and what do you do before 10 am? Also what is your sugar/refined carb intake like? Does eating relieve it? Have you had thyroid checked? What is your weight/BMI like?

Hope you're feeling better today!

Hurdity  x