Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hemorrhoids now constipation  (Read 4040 times)

Hemorrhoids now constipation
« on: October 09, 2019, 02:53:00 PM »

Hello Ladies,

My problem is constipation with hemorrhoids. I'm 54 almost 55 and it has been 1 year this month since I had a period. I take no medication for menopause
I have always been regular. I have my morning coffee and go. I now occasionally get constipated. Today was so bad I almost went to the ER. It was like a baby wanting to come out. Because of my hemorrhoids it feels like I have glass coming out, and I don't want to go. I don't want constipation to be a normally thing, as I don't think my hemorrhoids will be able to take it.
I went to my GP for my yearly . I told her about the hemorrhoids, not the constipation because it is only been occasionally. She gave me general advice, like don't strain, gentle wiping, etc.

Is anyone else having similar issue, not from taking HRT's?  If so any advice that may help loosing BM's and help hemorrhoids would be appreciated.

And yes I do drink a lot of water most days. I also eat a lot of veggies as well.

Wrensong

Re: Hemorrhoids now constipation
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 04:07:15 PM »

Hi drichard, sorry to hear about the painful constipation issue.  Sadly a common problem that can be difficult to manage.  Can I suggest you have a look at an old thread in the private lives section entitled Re: Poo!  It's several pages long with lots of ladies' contributions & a very long post I did towards the end hoping to tackle the issue from all angles.
Wx
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 04:13:43 PM »

Thank you I will look right now. :)

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 04:21:25 PM »

I've had trouble finding the thread in the past, so if you can't pull it up via the search box let me know & I'll either find & bump the thread if you've time to read the lot, or paste in here the long bit I posted if you want to read it.  :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:48:26 PM by Wrensong »
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 05:03:47 PM »

I actually found it, thank you.

Wrensong

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 07:47:36 PM »

Great  :).  I hope something in it helps.