Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel sequi patches taken in the wrong order  (Read 10024 times)

Nicola Madonna

Evorel sequi patches taken in the wrong order
« on: October 01, 2019, 06:35:37 PM »

Hi Everyone - new to this site.  Happy to see so many other ladies on this forum.  I have been experiencing peri menopausal for a while now and finally went on Evorel sequi three months ago.  It really has helped me, however I only today discovered after taking it for just on three months that I have taken in wrong order.  I opened the box and applied which ever patch. I did not know I had to do the 50 patch first for four applications followed by the four patches of the conti patch. I have been worried as I have started having my period now every 15 days.... so I have decided to start in the correct order.  Do you think I should worry and go see the GP... has anyone else done this... this is so confusing.  Please help

pants46

• Still Struggling
Re: Evorel sequi patches taken in the wrong order
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 08:40:22 PM »

Oh Nicola. Dont worry, if it wasnt explained to you, then how are you to know. I wouldn't worry about it. Having a bleed every 2 weeks must have been a pain, but won't have done you any harm. It's when you don't bleed on a sequi routine, when it may be cause for concern.
You just need to get the patches in the right order, and in time with your own cycle.
Good luck. x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 10:50:36 AM »

You've been bleeding so no harm done. You need to adjust the patches now so that the hrt cycle fits in with your own. It should say in the patient leaflet when you should start the oestrogen patches in relation to your own bleed (I *think* it's day 1 of the bleed).

LisaMac66

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »

I have also done the same thing, been using the patches since January.  Have had a slight bleed over the last couple of days and have just realised that I have used two of the estradiol instead of the conti, I have replaced the patch today to the conti as I was due to change my patch which should be the last one and then back onto the estradiol. Do I now continue as they should be ? Estradiol 1st followed by conti ? I'm also going on holiday in just over a week and don't want to be having a bleed when I'm holiday. Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks Lisa
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 05:59:37 PM by LisaMac66 »

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 07:50:45 AM »

Hi Nicola Madonna and LisaMac66

:welcomemm:

LisMac - if you are peri-menopausal it's difficult to predict what will happen to your bleed when you change around the patches. Depending on your natural cycle - logistically taking the Evorel conti patches may delay your bleed slightly but if your own cycle has gone ahead regardless ( ie re ovulation) then you will bleed at period time anyway. What is supposed to happen is you bleed either at the end of the Evorel conti or just after you switch back to the Evorel 50 (but as I said, subject to your own cycle). Therefore at least time it so you don't stop the conti patches just before or during your holiday as this will trigger the bleed - but if it has happened already (ie ovulation and/or your bleed) then who knows?! Hope you manage to sort it and enjoy your holiday :)

Hurdity x

LisaMac66

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 06:03:39 PM »

Thank you for your reply.

I am in the fully throws of the menopause and haven't had a bleed in over two years. I replaced my patch yesterday and realised my error, which would explain the bleed. I am due to go back to the non-conti one on Saturday for 12 days - go on holiday in 8 days. 

Fingers crossed that will get me back on track without any further bleeds, but will certainly enjoy my holiday - thanks again

Lisa