Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: new here - need help please  (Read 4221 times)

squeaker99

Re: new here - need help please
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 09:48:59 AM »

I have had mid period discharge for the past 2-3 years during Peri.  First of all it was orange and sometimes it is brown and gunky.  I have been to the GP several times and was very worried when it first happened. Basically it was Peri mid cycle related something to do with the lining being thin mid cycle. I did have a smear and cervix scope which came back fine and the consultant put it down to Peri. Sometimes it can last for 7 days  but it does always stop before my next period. Do please make a GP appointment to put your mind at rest and don't rely on other peoples experiences but don't worry.

squeaker99

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 09:51:18 AM »

P.S You will probably get it mid cycle for the next X years. Mine only stopped when my periods started to become more irregular. It is totally natural to be worried about these changes. I had no idea things like this were common during Peri/Meno -  there are no leaflets for us about these things!

lili65

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2019, 10:38:00 AM »

Hi squeaker99, many thanks for your advice and for sharing your experience. You are right, there are several sources of information about menopause but it's not the same for pre- and perimenopause. This forum is so helpful and also getting new friends who understand is important in times of doubt and worry. Bye xxx Lili

lili65

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2019, 03:28:33 PM »

Hi everybody,

I'm here again with some news. I first write about my spotting, that started on Sept. 18 (about 10th-12th day after period) and lasted a few days.
This morning, Nov. 5, here is the red spotting again... for now, it's light and I have it after having been at the toilet -  but not all the times.
Stress due to work and many family duties + lack of sleep continue. I've had a sort of flu a few days ago and today I have a severe headache.
What do you think?
Being in the "perimenopause club" is not funny, but it has a nice side too: having found new friends here.

Thank you and many hugs to all,
Lili
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 03:32:52 PM by lili65 »

lili65

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 03:59:35 PM »

Hi,
Just a short update; my spotting has worsened, now it's like a mini-period and I'm confused. Is it possible that I have a period only 19 days after the one I had in October, that, on the contrary, was heavier and arrived late, about 40 days after the previous one? You wrote that anything can happen in perimenopause, I don't want to be pushy, but things seem me so strange...
Thank you for your support and for your patience.

Lili

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2019, 04:06:19 PM »

Yep.  Hormones.  Wax and wane, The Change does what it says on the tin.  Mine varied for 2-3 years but I knew it was that time of Life.  Sometimes it would be a normal loss, or a few days of intermittent bleed often brown ..... then I would miss months  ::)

lili65

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2019, 04:14:59 PM »

CLKD, thank you so much for your reply!  I didn't realize perimenopause could be so annoying, and just think I've not experienced hot flushes and other common troubles of this stage of life.

p.s. I love this forum!

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 04:54:29 PM »

Hi lili65

It is all so confusing at first when you get irregular bleeding - and yes anything can happen during peri-menopause.  There is an article here which tells you something about what's happening to your body:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Hot flushes if they are going to occur may well come later - it is only the unfortunate few (? - not sure how frequently) that start to get flushes even while having regular periods. Mine only started during the months where my periods had stopped and then the flushes and sweats eased when a period came - as oestrogen levels rose again. You may be lucky and escpae them completely!

As always if you have very heavy bleeding especially at the "wrong" time - that concerns you then do consult your doctor but most of us have had some sort of weird bleeding during peri!

Hurdity  x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 05:12:04 PM »

Thinking of when my periods began they were intermittent too!  1 then nowt for 8 months then on and off; then the pains began when they became regular at a 32 day cycle  :'(

lili65

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2019, 05:25:33 PM »

Hello Hurdity and thanks for your encouraging words and the interesting article!

Dear friends, you helped me and I feel better now!
I'll keep you informed, bye for now and good evening,

Lili

lili65

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2019, 09:29:11 AM »

Hello everybody!
I'm here to wish you all and your dear ones a merry Christmas, a wonderful Holiday season and a 2020 full of joy!

I am happy I have found many good friends here!

Best wishes again,

lots of love. Lili :)

Miss Sunshine

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2020, 12:49:49 PM »

Hi,
Just a short update; my spotting has worsened, now it's like a mini-period and I'm confused. Is it possible that I have a period only 19 days after the one I had in October, that, on the contrary, was heavier and arrived late, about 40 days after the previous one? You wrote that anything can happen in perimenopause, I don't want to be pushy, but things seem me so strange...
Thank you for your support and for your patience.

Lili

Hi Lili,

I know this was posted last year but I wonder how things are?  Did you see your Gp.  I'm having similar issues.  Brown stained clear mucus around day 10.   Brown staining on day 16 or 17 and then nothing.  Now day 19 a little light coloured blood like the beginning of a period.  It's not unheard of for me to have just 21 days between periods but this is even earlier.  I'm 50. 
Pages: 1 [2]