Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feeling very sorry for myself  (Read 2108 times)

Tc

Feeling very sorry for myself
« on: September 18, 2019, 10:19:28 AM »

I woke up crying again today. . I feel so ill. 

A year of this.

A year since oopherectomy of using HRT gel
and patches which just dont work. A year of getting worse and worse.  I've got an appointment with c and w on October 17th and I'm pinning every hope on it. I probably shouldnt.

It became obvious months ago to my docs that I was simply  not absorbing transdermally  but they keep sending me away with patches which they know I might as well just be throwing in the bin. They have seen and noted how severe my symptoms are. .  My blood levels have just gone down and down. . Why have I been left like this for so long.   For the last 6 months now I just keep being  told to wait til my appointment with c and w. 

I've also been waiting since January for talking therapy.i keep chasing it up but there has been no  support offered in the meantime.

My friends and family seem to think HRT is some sort of added bonus  so they  dont place any importance on the fact it's not working for me.

But I am actually disintegrating.

I feel as though no one cares I wouldnt leave an animal to suffer this way. . I know there are waiting lists and that the docs I have seen have admitted my non absorption is not within the bounds of their expertise but I feel so unsupported  by everyone.  I feel.like they are just watching me deteriorate. A year is a very long time, it feels like forever when every day is agony.

I see how replacing eastrogen helps others and it's just devastating when you are using HRT and still not getting any eastrogen.  Everytime I change my patches I cry with frustration. Thinking why am I even carrying on with this.i have no alternative so I carry on in desperation hoping against hope that I might suddenly start to absorb. When realistically after all this time it's never going to happen.

As you can tell  I feel sorry for myself. I feel let down by the people I have turned to for help.particularly the medical profession 

I dont feel like I have a single person in my life who understands. Of course I know you  ladies on here understand. And that's why I'm able to say how Ii feel.  It helps to not feel so alone with it.

X
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 10:40:09 AM by Tc »

AgathaC

Re: Feeling very sorry for myself
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 10:23:07 AM »

I just can't comment on all the HRT stuff but I can send you lots of love xxx

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 10:38:22 AM »

Really sorry you're struggling Tc, we're here for you. Just remind us which patch/strength are you on?x

Tc

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:43:00 AM »

Thanks agata. Hi perin. I'm on 200 progynova.

Perinowpost

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 11:48:02 AM »

I'm sorry Tc I'm not familiar with that one, so don't know what to suggest. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to advise you. In the meantime keep your chin up x

Tc

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 12:07:02 PM »

I switched to it from estradot because of the shortages but it was the same story with estradot. I'm just desperate to get some eastrogen into my system.  Thanks perin.

Rosie63

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 01:00:35 PM »

Hi Tc.  So sorry you have been suffering for so long.  In this respect I know where you're coming from as I've been on a quest for 2 years to find a regime that works for me, without giving awful side effects.  It's positive that you have the appointment with c and w.  I have a friend who has been suffering with her hormones since a very young age.  She is seen by Mr Panay and she said both him and his clinic have helped her immensely so I'm hopeful that they will be able to help you.  I believe she has had implants and I think she has had injections too (not both together) and she is in a much better place now.

I'm sorry I can't help more but I hope this positive story will help you in some small way.

Sending hugs.

Rosie63 x

Ladybt28

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 01:23:29 PM »

October is coming Tc...nearly there...you just have to hang on for Nick Panay's clinic.  Make sure you have everything and I mean everything written down.  Sounds interesting about Rosie's friends implants and injections...defo sounds like that could be a thing for you as she says.
Just hang on in there honey!  Much love!xx

Tc

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 05:51:55 PM »

Thank you ladie and rosie. I am pinning all my Hope's on getting an implant.  I think if they say I cant have it I will fall to pieces on the spot. 

It helps to be listened to. Without being told "youve just got to get on with it and get yourself together". I  even had someone say yesterday "youre always ilIl these days" like an accusation, as if that's frustrating to them. I was thinking  "I'm sitting here with you drinking coffee and you're going on about trivial stuff and  asking me when I'm going to get my hair cut  and I'm sitting here opposite you and I'm falling apart". 

When I'm around friends and family I feel invisible. They treat me as normal  but that's the problem.  I'm not my normal self. Inside I'm  suffering so much  and that's what's  nvisible to them. It makes me feel so alone with it.

Thank goodness for this forum.

Thank you both. Xxx

Alicess

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 08:01:02 PM »

Hi Tc,

we haven't crossed paths yet but I did follow your story as it is similar to mine. No relief of symptoms despite HRT. Just to let you know your not alone and I'm sure there are still options for you out there.

Alicess 🌷

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 08:28:34 PM »

I feel your pain TC I really do.  My story is so boringly long but I felt like you.  I was on tablet hrt from age 32 to 45 when they suddenly stopped working. I tried different  patches and honestly wanted to go to sleep and not wake up.  I had no quality of life and was getting worse.  Then I tried the gel plus testosterone and it's changed my life for the better.  I recently tried patches again and could feel the decline and anxiety creeping back so I'm back to gel for good now

You've  had such a rough time bless your heart I really hope they find a good regime for you

My gps couldn't help me and one gynae I saw said there's  nothing else they could do.  Luckily another gynae agreed to testosterone x

Tc

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 08:58:29 PM »

Nice to meet you Alice's. Thank you. Did you find anything that helped you or did you have to give up. Dont be worried about telling me. It helps to hear others experiences. How are you now?

Annie thank you . Im glad to hear you ae doing well on your regime. I got up to 4 pumps on the gel and my E was going down so the doc suggested 6 pumps but before I had time to realy try  6  for any length of time she said she wasnt happy with 6 pumps and put me on a patch. I must admit I didnt notice any improvement on 6 but looking back maybe it wasnt enough time.

Thank you for your kind words annie. Xxxx

Viwi

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 05:41:24 PM »

TC - I feel bad for you, what you had to go through  :'( Some GP are simply stupid and don't listen. Fingers crossed for this visit in October  ;)
Wish you all the best  :)