Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Physiotheraphy  (Read 565 times)

Whatsupwiththis

Physiotheraphy
« on: September 13, 2019, 06:23:25 PM »

So I finally broke the bank and went to a physiotherapist to help with VA and Vulvodynia.  Turns out the stinging pain and burning is coming from entrance to vagina with the offending tissue the size of my pinky finger nail!  She seems to think it is nerve or muscle related due to a nasty UTI.  Fight or flight response....has anyone had success with Physiotheraphy?  Maryjane? 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Physiotheraphy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 08:15:24 PM »

I can't remember when you had a urine infection diagnosed or if you had appropriate treatment - sorry, meno-brain here  ::)

What did she suggest?  Is there a tear at that particular spot? if so, it needs lubricating. I find 'savlon' anywhere else is really good . 

I don't understand flight or fight response  :-\

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 08:27:53 PM »

I had 3 UTI's back to back in March.  Ended up in ER with a massive kidney infection because UTI had not cleared up.  She said I need to go back to physio to 'retrain' my nerves/muscles.  Just don't want to put out a whack of money if it's another waste of time.  Fight or Flight is the bodies reactions to pain/infections.  I WANT MY VAGINA GONE....

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 08:35:13 AM »

Well your vagina won't be GONE! but does she mean 'pelvis floor' muscles?  :-\

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 12:29:19 PM »

No.   It is a type of vulvadynia that is localized.  I'm so fed up with it all!  I have read that women do find relief from physio but it appears it is trial and error.  I just want my life back!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 04:45:59 PM »

Oh have a  :hug:.   It's with you all the while so you are unable to think of not a lot else?  Hopefully after the weekend someone will have more use than I have  ::)

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 05:46:45 PM »

CLKD..just listening to my rant is more than enough.  Thx for your friendship and support.  Greatly appreciated😊