Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Urgent - can Estrogel go in the fridge?  (Read 3263 times)

Bobidy

Urgent - can Estrogel go in the fridge?
« on: September 18, 2019, 03:45:09 PM »

Hi

I'm in the Balearics and it is soooo hot here!

I'm concerned about my estrogel being in the hot room, we have a fridge, can it go in there? I don't have the leaflet with me.

Thanks x

bear

Re: Urgent - can Estrogel go in the fridge?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 03:58:01 PM »

Hi Bobidy,

Just find a cool place to put it, not fridge.

BeaR.

Countrygirl

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 04:37:06 PM »

Bobidy the only mention of temperature I can find is it says do not store above 25 degrees centigrade x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 04:37:23 PM »

Hi Bobidy - the info on Oestrogel leafelt and the detailed info on the web says no special storage instructions although there are for patches and Sandrena gel. I suspect this is because the Oestrogel pump pack insulates the gel to some extent as it is held within a sealed foil pack with the canister pump pack around it so a bit like a vacuum flask. Also the info from Besins said there had been stability studies on Oestrogel up to 40 deg for 6 months! Not sure if that was in the pump pack or the gel itself but not sure I would want to keep it at this temp! I wouldn't worry too much as long as not too hot but intuitively I would also want to keep it in the shade somewhere. As it doesn't say it can't be kept in the fridge that may be OK too. However I imagine there will be some response of the gel in the pouch to outside temperature so the warmer the temperature the runnier the gel will be which will affect absoprtion and drying time. If it's too hot/too runny then it may well dry before it's all been absorbed (think that's the right way round?) - but also the temp of your skin will also affect this anyway! All that ramble probably doesn;t help at all does it - but enjoy your holiday!!!!

Hurdity x

Edit - ooh Countrygirl I didn't see that anywhere? Interesting difference....

Countrygirl

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 04:50:19 PM »

Hi Hurdity, it's the one in the green box I've got and it's under number 5 on the leaflet and just noticed on the bottle it mentions it too. It is a besins one, but not the round bottle one it used to be. Hoping that makes sense as I know last time it was a different box and bottle x

Bobidy

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 05:53:26 PM »

Thanks everybody. It's in the back of the wardrobe now and the air con is permanently on!

No probs getting 2 canisters through security thank goodness.

I'll start to relax with it all soon I promise 😉

Enjoy the lovely uk weather this week x

bear

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »

Hi Bobidy,

Hope you're enjoying the  :sunny:

BeaR.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 05:12:36 PM »

Hi Hurdity, it's the one in the green box I've got and it's under number 5 on the leaflet and just noticed on the bottle it mentions it too. It is a besins one, but not the round bottle one it used to be. Hoping that makes sense as I know last time it was a different box and bottle x

There can be discrepancies it seems. The online info was revised June 2019 but who knows why they have decided to change the wording but I assume these new instructions re storage are accurate?  :-\

Yes Bobody - we are having fabulous hot sunny weather here in SW England (not sure about the rest of the UK?). Make sure you relax girl and top up that vit D to stand you in good stead for part of the winter!

Hurdity x