Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New product for Vaginal Atrophy  (Read 1818 times)

bear

New product for Vaginal Atrophy
« on: September 17, 2019, 08:40:06 PM »

Hi girls,

Maybe someone could ask Dr. Currie or the admin to update the Treatments section?

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/10400/smpc

https://www.mims.co.uk/new-low-dose-oestrogen-gel-vaginal-menopause-symptoms/womens-health/article/1592954

Also, Gynest has been discontinued and it is still listed.

BeaR.

Hurdity

Re: New product for Vaginal Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 10:01:36 PM »

Why don't you ask her/Emma yourself bear?

Re the Gynest - there is still generic estriol 0.01 % cream available which is in effect exactly the same product and formulation as Gynest which is why i imagine this has not been changed.

Interesting re the Blissell - I don't know why we don't hear about these when they are listed. I belong to lots of menopause groups on Twitter but hadn't come across this so maybe still off the radar. If so then doubtful docs will prescribe yet?

The vaginal products seem to be coming thick and fast because there is also Intrarosa which was recently licensed and has been posted about several times on here and there is also another one I have discovered too.

Hurdity x

bear

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 03:49:02 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

Do you mean Emma the admin? Isn't she extremely busy? I was wondering if a moderator could do that for me?

I know Gynest has been replaced by the generic estriol 0.01%, I just thought it might be useful to refer to the generic instead of the brand name that has been discontinued.

Yes, some new products are available and older ones are apparently having leaflets changed. The MHRA website has been on and off recently, probably publishing the new info. Maybe it's all part of the Get Ready for Brexit.

I guess doctors are going to prescribe them as soon as they can.

BeaR.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 04:42:10 PM »

Admin = mod and there are two - Emma and Dr Currie.

You can send Emma a message to pass on to Dr Currie re the HRT (she has always passed mine on) or you can message Dr Currie directly.

Gynest and Estriol 0.01 % cream are one and the same and is still listed on emc as Gynest so I wouldn't worry about that one.

Re the new product you referred to - yes do ask directly for updates to be put on - they usually are eventually.

Hurdity x

bear

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 01:08:54 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

Maybe they're busy and will update soon. Thank you for the tip.

BeaR.