Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Perimenopausal  (Read 1686 times)

Ajw

• First Flush
Perimenopausal
« on: September 06, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »

Hi there everyone,
I've just joined the forum and wouldd dearly like to hear from anyone who is going through or has been through all of this. I'm 52 perimenopausal, loads of heavy irregular bleeding ( biopsy been done Christmas eve last year would you believe ) had scan thickening of womb loadsa clots etc, but thankfully nothing sinister. I was just wondering if anyone out there is or has experienced the chronic fatigued like I seem to have, crazy tiredness during the day and headaches. Also as I'm New to all of this, i read up as much as I can but some info is conflicting. Can you get hot flushes while being perimenopausal or do they tend to happen once your periods have stopped and you are in menopause, sometimes it's very confusing with what's written. I know we are all so different but any advice anyone can give or just sharing their experiences then I would be very appreciative
Many thanx
Amanda

Dotty

Re: Perimenopausal
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 01:33:41 PM »

Yes you can get hot flushes in peri menopause or post menopause x

AgathaC

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 02:37:53 PM »

I'm 47 and yes, yes, yes to all these crappy, horrid symptoms xx

bear

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 04:03:07 PM »

Hi Ajw,

Anything can happen during perimenopause. And I mean anything. Don't worry about symptoms, they will come and go daily and you will think you have serious health issues and your anxiety levels will skyrocket, but if you're having hot flushes, they will upset your sleep, which in turn will cause you fatigue and probably headaches. Extreme fluctuations in oestrogen levels can account for most of the symptoms, including heavy and irregular bleeding, as well as headaches (particularly if you're prone to migraines).

BeaR.

Ajw

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 07:49:36 PM »

Thanx everyone for those replies much appreciated. Another thing I was wondering was how to level out estrogen  levels without taking any form of drug, are there any natural things I can take
Thanx again
Amanda

AG

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 02:27:42 PM »

Hi,

That is the tricky thing. I have been in late peri for about two years, nearly 50 now and very irregular bleeds but the range of symptoms I had and still have is really not something I expected. The main thing that helps me is exercise, which seems to have a levelling effect on symptoms (but sometimes I am too tired to do any exercise). I think I may be better once in post meno since at least then hormones are supposed to stabilise, so, from what have seen so far, peri is the real "trouble maker" for me. What can help with symptoms is cutting down on refined sugar, caffeine and alcohol, some exercise, even a brisk walk can help. I have recently started a low dose of HRT to see whether this helps but everyone is different, and different things work for different people. Also a low dose of magnesium and B vitamins can help. All the best, AG

bear

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 04:53:17 PM »

Thanx everyone for those replies much appreciated. Another thing I was wondering was how to level out estrogen  levels without taking any form of drug, are there any natural things I can take
Thanx again
Amanda

Hi again,

I don't think you can do it without drugs. However, it is well known that strenuous exercise can suppress periods, so that might be an idea, if you can find a way to do it! Good luck   :)

BeaR.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:21:12 PM by BeaR »