Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi Newbie Here  (Read 934 times)

QueenofReds3

Hi Newbie Here
« on: September 05, 2019, 07:36:33 AM »

Hello . Thank you for letting me join the forum. It has been a great help to me knowing there are others that understand what impact menopause has on oneself.
I have been taking HRT since July, I am post meno and 51. I am not coping to well with anxiety, insomnia and generally feeling fed up with life. The Hrt ( Femoston) has helped most of the symptoms that I had before I started it, sweats, aches and pains etc but I wish I could feel in control. I used to be a positive get on with it gal but now I just cannot be bothered. I do excercise, drink moderately and eat reasonably healthy. Maybe it is still early days, I have seen on posts that magnesium helps insomnia but confused to which type to take. Sorry for the ramble.  :)

Dancinggirl

Re: Hi Newbie Here
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 10:40:38 AM »

Hi and welcome to mm

It's early days - you need to give any HRT at least 3 months to work it's magic. You are clearly doing all the right things but HRT can't turn back the clock and it certainly can't fix everything.
Enjoy feeling better and I'm sure in time you quality of life will gradually improve. It can be worth taking a few supplements - vitamin D3 with Magnesium can be beneficial.
Keep posting. DG x

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 01:39:06 PM »

Hi QueenofReds3 :welcomemm:
Like Dancinggirl says, it's very early days. From my experience and from reading here, I have come to the conclusion that unless you are supersensitive to meds then HRT is a slow burn type thing.  It takes 3 months for the body to adjust to new balances with a few bumps in the road along the way and then one day you wake up and think "oh I feel a bit better today" and then the next would be ok and then you get to a week.  Sort of creeps, so stick with it.

I found my lethargy and mood improved with my prescription of testosterone but T is a difficult one.  Some GP's wont prescribe with out consultant referral, some areas won't prescribe on NHS and you usually cannot get it until you have been on HRT for 3 months or more and everything is settled.
Keep posting and let us know how things are going.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 09:14:45 AM »

Hi Queenofreds3

Sorry to hear your struggle. I'm on femoston conti, and Ladybt is so right when she says it's a slow burn....it does take a while for the hrt to kick in...fully anyway...
I've been on it now for nearly 20 months, and I'm relatively symptom free. I still have blip days, but no where as near as bad as before. After trying other regimes, Femoston was the best for me....no hrt is a miracle cure, but it does help enormously....
Keep going, and keep posting, oh, and welcome to the forum.

Jd xx

QueenofReds3

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 09:28:41 AM »

Thank you LadyBt28, Dancinggirl and jillydoll for your welcome and for your replies. I know it's early days I just wish I could stop waking up fearing the day and worrying about silly little things that never used to bother me. I have always had hormone related issues. Post Natal depression, and at 25 I was diagnosed with a prolactinoma which luckily was caught in time to be put on treatment which happily I was able to have my babies. I find the forum very helpful and like many posts have said we are all different and one size does not fit all. I had to fight to go on HRT, my doctor wanted to give me AD's which I took when I was peri menopausal, although they helped my low mood I felt there was something else going on which now I know was the menopause, doctor just thought I was depressed. I am due a visit to the hospital re the prolactinoma soon and will discuss if the HRT along with the meds I am taking are compatible as I really do not think my GP is clued up on the condition.