Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just started HRT HELP!!  (Read 2489 times)

squeaker99

Re: Just started HRT HELP!!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2019, 10:23:03 AM »

Hi . I had similar reaction to Ellestre Duet (I was on them for insomnia and anxiety which the GP thought was caused by Peri - I had no flushes/discharge/atrophy symptoms atall). I tried them for 5 days but felt extremely manic/anxious/sick/not myself . I did a phone consultation with the GP and was advised to come off.  Since then I have tried patches  (through Meno clinic)  but although I did not get the same terrible side effects they did not help my anxiety so I guess it depends why you were put on them in the first place. I think some people suit certain medication and other don't - it is very much a try it and see unfortunately as there is no hormone testing on the NHS which gives you a certain diagnosis like you would get for say Diabetes for example).  It is all very confusing and upsetting as you are looking for something to make you feel ' better' .    I would say don't suffer in silence and maybe try and get a phone consultation with your GP to get some advice and support.  We all seem to be different in Peri/Meno unfortunately.

Rosalinemac

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2019, 03:03:02 PM »

I'm beginning to wonder if I had peri symptoms or it was just a coincidence, its all very confusing and now I've started these tablets I don't know how I should be feeling.  I researched for many months before going to my GP, there is so much conflicting information about HRT and the menopause.  I wish it was all over with  :'(

I still have insomnia and haven't slept for what seems like months.

Today (Day 5) I feel bloated but normal (I think) no headaches or any other symptoms today.  My mouth is super dry and I'm hungry a lot more than I would normally be.

I will see what tomorrow brings  :-\

squeaker99 What if anything are you taking now? I don't have flushes but keep waking up warmer than usual then can't get back to sleep, no sweating though. 

Ladybt28

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2019, 11:22:13 PM »

Rosalinemac - You mention in a post that "you don't know how you are supposed to be feeling". I have to say from my experience and from reading loads of posts on here over the last year, hrt is a slow burn.  The recommendation is that you take it for a minimum of 3 months so that you can work out what it does for you.  The issue you will find in reading others posts is that we all react differently to different forms of hrt and one that suits me won't suit you nor will it work the same.

You are only in the first week and there are side effects when you start taking it because your body is adjusting and it will continue to adjust through those 3 months. During that time, most of the symptoms you had when you started should subsideand settle and you should feel much better but in some cases some of the "side effects" come and stay which is usually an indication that another form of hrt would suit you better than the one that you are on and there are many combinations to choose from.

As you are on day 5 you have quite a way to go.  I post often that it is my opinion that the idea you take hrt and it behaves like taking antibiotics or even AD's in a couple of weeks is just wrong.  There are no hard and fast rules in any of this, but I will say that those who come to the forum and stay here are often the ladies who have problems. Those who get on the right regime an it works fine first time don't often stay here as they have no need.  HRT is much more complicated than it sounds and GP's or consultants cannot really advise you either because each one of their patients will react differently to the form of hrt they are prescribed.  You can only go on others experiences and share your own and then come to some conclusions  :)

I myself have tried 6 forms of hrt until I found one that worked for me (elleste being one of them that didn't work although it works for thousands of other women no problem) When you start digging around on the forum you will find loads of combinations that didn't work for many of them and they will post they are better on one of the ones that didn't work for me.  The only way is trial, error and quite a lot of posting on this forum  ;) ::)  During this journey you will learn much about your body you probably didn't know and if you persevere and collect lots of info from the ladies on the forum you will probably be able to tell your GP a thing or two!! ;D Just keep posting and hang on in there. x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 06:45:53 AM »

Excellent post Ladybt28 - sensible thoughts and advice. DG x

Rosalinemac

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 09:52:57 PM »

Thank you Ladybt for your reply, it makes complete sense and I will take everything you said on board.

It's very interesting what you say about taking HRT and it behaves like AD's.  I've never taken AD's in my life and if it was just for my mood I was concerned about then maybe I would of gone down that path.  My main concern was the protection of my bones as I'm only 45 but feel very old and aching everywhere and it's not just my age, I know it's lack of oestrogen that's making me feel this way.

Although I'm only on day 5 I have learned so much about my body and what it has needed to be me again.  If I feel like I do today for a good few years then I will be happy.  I feel as though I have my mojo back.  Im happy and last night was the first night in a long time I slept through which was a main symptom for me.  For the past couple of years I have felt old before my time, today I've felt my age maybe it's the good nights sleep but I have so much energy and I'm smiling more.

I realise things can turn and I will have bad days but for now I'm good.  Maybe this is the correct HRT for me, who knows xx

Ladybt28

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2019, 11:26:34 PM »

Oh I really hope so Rosalinemac, that would be wonderful.
I didn't mean to confuse you what I said about timescale of HRT is that..... it doesn't seem to (usually) work like other medications GP's prescribe "like AD's" where they can work within one month or like a 7 or 14 day course of antibiotics or blood pressure meds that work immediately....what some GP's never explain really is the timescale involved before HRT can start "to come right" and the symptoms are eradicated... which is pretty much 3 months and in some cases much longer.  When I finally got the right HRT for me it took 7 months for me to feel well (or as well a I was gonna get) on regular basis.

Its very good for bone protection but also if you feel your quality is suffering well why not try hrt.  At 45 you are far too young to be feeling old, not sleeping and having aches and pains.  Long may your successful start continue but keep us up to date won't you?

Rosalinemac

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2019, 08:31:36 PM »

Thanks Ladybt I do understand what you are trying to say.

Tonight I'm having a really bad night and I'm hoping someone will come along and tell me it's ok.  I started reading some reviews especially the green tablets.  I'm starting to get anxious and tonight I'm having a very bad anxiety attack.  I've felt so amazing on these tablets that I'm wondering if I'm covering all my symptoms up and what I really should be feeling by taking what seem like happy pills.  I'm so confused now and so anxious that my heart is racing.

My husband and family have noticed a huge difference in my personality and I feel like I'm so happy after a few tough years of flying into the rage, but next week when I start the green tablets I will be back to that again.  Can I stop these tablets at anytime? I feel really confused 😰😰😰
Pages: 1 [2]