Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: AFand HRT  (Read 1335 times)

kamanu

AFand HRT
« on: August 30, 2019, 12:45:51 PM »

I have just been diagnosed with AF so am at the beginning of taking meds for that . I am at present taking Livial (have had a hysterectomy) but now been advised maybe I should re-think stopping HRT.  I was on HRT for a good many years when I decided to wean myself off over a period of 3/4 months.  Symptoms came back with a vengeance but I decided to persevere trying other alternative therapies costing me a fortune. After about 9 yrs I found I could not cope any more - found myself to be slipping down into a big black hole. Discussed things with GP and so put back on HRT for a trial - within a month I was a new woman so have been back on it since -  which is 4 yrs. Now that I have been diagnosed with AF I have been advised to think of coming off HRT - what should I do? If I come off - after again weaning myself off it - and symptoms return - what are the alternatives?  Thank you.

Sparrow

Re: AFand HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 01:11:47 PM »

Sorry kamanu, but what is AF?

kamanu

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 01:18:45 PM »

Sorry AF is Atrial Fibrilliation - fast heartbeat and high BP.

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 01:26:39 PM »

Okay

There is a section on this website that lists contra indicators for HRT so I would take a look there first. Just click on the menu at the top and you should find it.  If you do decide to come off there is alternatives advice on the same menu.  Also there is an Alternatives section on the forum, where you can get info on what other members have tried.

Hope that helps
Shadyglade