Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 4761 times)

Anjia

HRT
« on: August 24, 2019, 07:55:08 AM »

I have been using oestrogen since my hysterectomy six years ago and all through the time have had many ups and downs I have now started to lower my patch  I've had enough to be honest if HRT is so good then why are there so many women on this site having problems ?  Can anyone advise me about a good vitamin I could take to help please. 

Jari

Re: HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 08:01:32 AM »

Hi Anjia, I couldn't agree more! :)

I've found a good base of supplements is a really good start. Two brands I'm using are Viridian and Bio Care. Both have good quality ingredients, which is very important, but of course there are other good brands out there. Just make sure your multi inc vit c from ascorbate and not acid.

I'm taking 40+ multi from Viridian and vit c 500 and omega 3 from Bio Care. I also take Glucosamine from Viridian for joints but not sure if you need that.

X

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 08:11:14 AM »

Hi Anjia. One thing that HRT is good for after hysterectomy is to keep the pelvic floor strong. Hysterectomy can lead to prolapse as the womb is the supporting structure. Vaginal vault prolapse can be quite an issue so it would be worth your while to do a little research on this particular subject as it's not always explained to us at the time of surgery.

Taz x  :)

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 06:09:32 PM »

Hi Aijia, I see from previous posts that you are nearing 60.  I would say that you have had a good go at giveing your body any protection from HRT, since your hysterectomy.  If you feel it is the right time to stop for you then it is the right time.  I notice there are one or two other members doing the same, at the moment.  I think one is Kathleen one so perhaps you could compare notes.

Take care
Shadyglade

Anjia

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 09:14:24 PM »

Thankyou Shadyglade I do think what you say is right I have been feeling better on a lower patch and hope it continues I do believe that I probably will need a small amount of ostrogen as I have had a hysterectomy. I think HRT is absolutely fine and do no that a lot of women do great on it but for some of us as we get older a lower dose works best.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 05:14:42 PM »

Hello ladies

Anjia-  I am nearly 63 and have also been using HRT for six years with mixed results. I still have my womb and every time I tried to increase oestrogen to control my symptoms I had lots of bleeding so had to reduce again. This may be why I have never been free of hot flushes, jittery sensations and disturbed sleep. I decided recently that if I still had menopausal issues there was no point in being on HRT so I am coming off it gradually to see what's what.

I plan to update the forum next month on my progress.

Wishing you well.

K.

Winterose

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 12:18:33 PM »

Anja  - you could also add in vagifem to help your vagina etc. That should help defer vaginal problems .

Pity we can't get oestrogens from pregnant women's urine  - they would then be bio identical.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 01:16:25 PM »

Pity we can't get oestrogens from pregnant women's urine  - they would then be bio identical.

But estradiol is bioidentical so no need to collect the urine  ;D (mind boggles!).

A pure molecule is a pure molecule wherever it comes from!

Hurdity x

Jari

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 07:01:33 AM »

Hello, I don't take hrt, but I did take it briefly and from what I understood, the estrogen that one takes, builds up the lining of the womb and then the progesterone causes that lining to shed. ( a bleed )
Perhaps you're on a low dose or maybe some hrt works differently. Mine did build up lining in womb and caused a fibroid to grow, but I was on the gel?! 
I'm sure someone who knows more about it will be along soon. All the best.. x