Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Peri, meno, post?  (Read 1827 times)

HCCCCC

Peri, meno, post?
« on: August 22, 2019, 10:21:08 PM »

Hello, loving the forum particularly the support and sharing of info and love.

I have didn't notice myself slipping down this downward spiral, now I've woken up to it I'm off to the Dr and would love some of your knowledge, who knew not all Dr are clued up about menopause) or maybe even thyroid I guess?)

My periods started becoming less regular form March 2013 to Nov 2014, then they just stopped, over a year and half later I had one heavy period in 2016, then nothing again for another year and a half ish when I had very light period (spotting really) in 2018.

Foolish me I thought I'd gotten away lightly with migraines and relatively mild hot flushes, did help I had a desk fan at work! I also put on quite a bit of weight and ironically managed to lose some of it helping a friend to lose weight due to back problems. In the meantime I have gradually been slipping down the menopause slope of doom, my sleep has reduced and routine out the window; I am completely fatigued creeping up to the point I'd happy just curl up in bed anytime I don't have to do anything; my mood is very low being completely apathetic and disinterested in anything; plus I am completely intolerance of anyone/thing I don't like and also started getting really teary last week or so although I'm not sure if this is tiredness/low mood/hormones or all three. Tots blind not to see this, but it has crept up on me somehow :-\

I am thinking a patch would be best due to my migraines to smooth delivery avoiding hormone spikes, however, anyone hazard a guess at what stage am at with my odd period pattern? So not sure which medication I should be looking at.

By the way I am 49 if this makes any difference, 50 in Oct so definitely need to get sorted so that I might actual want to celebrate my birthday, I usually love them but can't be bothered about anything right now, tots bad attitude (finding not giving a **** very liberating  ;))

Your thoughts/advice would be appreciated. Thanks for listening xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Peri, meno, post?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 10:43:35 PM »

Sounds like The Change from where I'm sitting  ::)

:welcomemm: although we shouldn't blame all symptoms on menopause.

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary for 6 weeks then pop to your Practice Nurse for advice? 

Menopause is literally, the last monthly bleed.  But mine waxed and waned for a few years then disappeared.  It was 5 years B4 I stopped carrying protection  ::).  One is menopausal after 12 months without a period but sometimes that can go out the window! as you have found.

Good exercise regime.  Good diet.  Plenty of 'me' time.  Maybe get your GP to do blood tests for thyroid function and VitD levels etc. to check that the tiredness isn't due to underlying conditions.  Then you are good to go!

Do read round.  Make notes.  The bladder and vaginal atrophy would be my first pointers ;-).

HCCCCC

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 10:51:51 PM »

All insights welcome  :)

I forgot to say hot flushes getting worse, but yes good point could be jumping to conclusions.

Thanks so much, sleep well zzzzz

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 08:04:37 AM »

I was a while getting to sleep but in general, good night had.

Now watching TV - lots of sport on including MotoGP

Make that list?  Ask, ask, ask.

HCCCCC

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 11:57:01 AM »

Pleased you had a good night, and enjoyed the sport & MotoGP.

TF it's the weekend, work is tots over rated when you don't know where your heads at!

Making lists for the Dr, need to do something about this.

Has anyone had problems getting hrt prescription filled or had to change due to the hrt shortage in the news?

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 09:31:05 PM »

Several people across the UK have had problems in sourcing HRT.  Small bit in the telegraph at the weekend  :-\

Jenna

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 12:52:57 PM »

Several people across the UK have had problems in sourcing HRT.  Small bit in the telegraph at the weekend  :-\

This one?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/08/24/hrt-drugs-rationed-amid-uk-shortage-set-last-months/

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 01:38:25 PM »

:thankyou:    :medal:

shrosphirelass

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 06:10:00 PM »

I couldn't get my prescription from Boots of evorel sequi patches today. I had already rung about 10 chemists and luckily one 10 miles away held me their last supply, so I feel very fortunate. There is a very small amount about, but its not going to last as people will do what I did and seek it out. One chemist told me that they wouldn't be able to get any more until the middle of next year.

So worrying for us all.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »

:o. it's in the main Press, who seem to me to be 12 months too late  >:(

HCCCCC

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 08:42:54 AM »

Thanks so much, everything just dropped off my radar.

That link to the telegraph and the one below hit close to what I think the problem is. Thank you!

https://www.50sense.net/home/2018/8/22/menopause-hormone-replacement-therapy-and-me

So I've been to the Dr had all the tests and quelle surprise results show I am menopausal. But I am offered sleeping tablets and mental health questionnaire and leaflets, reacommend I get a mindfulness app and excercise. Really I want to scream at Dr but I cry and walk out, probably cemetery her thought that I need psychological help.

So thank you those articles have help me feel less like I'm loosing my marbles are more like I should try hrt, I'm prepared to take the risks if I feel less angry, anxious well less of everything I'm going through as I'm not living I'm just dragging myself from day to day and there is no logical explanation other than the menopause and the myriad of symptoms that come with it.

I am resolved, I'll book my appointment take back the sodding mental lhealth questionnaire, make up my own sodding menopause checkist/questionnaire and give bother to dr with by bad bloody attitude.

Oh there you go, what's with the attitude? I feel like a sodding stroppy teenager - no worse I was never that stroppy and never had that anger, anxiety, attitude, intolerance ... ... ... ... wish to make up lists and questionnaires and shove them up dr arse. Oh the rage then I swing to anxiety and wonder if I am psychotic and need physiological help. menopause WTF :bang:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:47:29 AM by HCCCCC »

HCCCCC

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2019, 08:58:02 AM »

And the link in the telegraph article - although you need to sign up to see it, there is a free option

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/hormones-making-depressed/

:beat: