Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: How to delay or bring forward a bleed on HRT  (Read 622 times)

Ambert

How to delay or bring forward a bleed on HRT
« on: August 17, 2019, 07:07:47 PM »

Hi everyone
I'm sure this must have been asked a gazillion times before, but I've read so much conflicting information that I'm really confused!
I'm on my second month of HRT (Femoston 1/10) and had a light bleed a couple of days into the second month, so as my GP said it would.
I am going to be away at exactly the same point in the cycle of tablets this time, and would really like not to have the inconvenience of a bleed.
I have read that I can move straight to  a new pack (the white oest tabs) and keep taking those until I come back, then take the grey (oest and prog) tabs until the end of the pack.
I've also read that I can skip the remainder of the white tabs and start the grey ones a bit earlier so that the bleed is brought forward.
Help!
Both sound perfectly feasible options but does anyone know which is best?
I would call my GP for advice but she is away for the next two weeks and we are left with one godawful male doctor (teeny tiny rural practise) who is the most dreadfully unsympathetic person I've ever met, so I try to have as little to do with him as possible  >:(
Any suggestions?

sheila99

Re: How to delay or bring forward a bleed on HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 07:32:50 PM »

I've delayed before but not tried to bring it forward - would prefer fewer bleeds! I'm on gel/utro but the principle is the same. If you're peri you might bleed at the normal time anyway.

Ambert

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 07:48:05 PM »

Ha, yes good point Sheila! So did you delay by using more oest or prog? (Sorry, not very up on gels etc)
And yes, I have also read that my natural cycle might over-ride any meds, but it has been erratic for the last few years and sometimes I went for three or four months without...

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 08:13:03 AM »

I extended the E only phase. I get tired on utro so didn't want to be on this any longer than I have to.