Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1865 times)

Patsie

Help!
« on: August 17, 2019, 05:14:30 PM »

I seem to have an over sensitive vag! Everything I use seems to irritate more I have tried replens, vagisil, Yes, sylk and nothing seems to soothe the burning (am using Vagifem but need something on the days I don't use the pessary) - any other products out there I could try?  :-\

jaycee

Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 05:35:45 PM »

You could try some Multu Gyn Actigel it is really good and soothing,i got mine from Amazon ,but Boots might sell it

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 05:36:30 PM »

It's sometimes the fillers or packaging in Vagifem .......... rather than the active ingredient.

I suggest that you have a cool bath for 10 mins. and pat dry.  Lay naked B4 inserting 'vagifem'.  Some ladies need it every night, some push two up at once sometimes.  Initially this product was 25 XYZ but is now 10 as some bright spark  >:( decided that ladies can make do with less.

Stop other products for 24 hours.  Then try 'yes' or 'sylc' if you have any on the outer labia to stop dryness which = itchiness.

Patsie

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 05:48:04 PM »

Thanks.  Will try the multigyn - desperate to try anything. My cupboard is full of failed creams and ointments  my OH says I could open my own pharmacy  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 05:55:04 PM »

It may be that you need something soothing, I find 'vaseline' or 'KY Jelly' eases that soreness in the outer labia.  It may be the fillers or you may require more of the 'vagifem' or try 'ovestin'. 

Rosebush

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 08:40:13 PM »

I have used Multi gyn and it does sooth without irritation, got mine from Superdrug...

My Gp gave me Synalar cream for cystitis this also helps sooth..x

Dierdre

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 09:39:38 PM »

Are you ok on the days you use Vagifem, if so you need to use more often, also ask for Ovestin for everyday use on the outside. I use vagifem at least 5 days a week and Ovestin  every night to feel comfortable. I also use YES WB but only the 5ml one dose applications  as I'm also super sensitive to any preservatives including organic ones  these dont contain this. I used to struggle with Vagifem alone, ok for inside but need more for the outside, Ovestin seems sort this.  Dont use soap just water or wash with Cetraben or similar emollients and wash your pants in just a hot wash ,no soap powder. Limit what you try so you can eliminate easier what suits and dont, keep it very basic. 

Cornish maid

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 09:44:31 PM »

I had this a lot in the beginning confusing it with thrush, until I discovered after a few years it was to do with the change, I called mine acid vagina  but I use canesten cream as soon as I felt a change and that works for me.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 09:32:12 AM by Cornish maid »

Sparrow

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 09:55:21 PM »

Definitely agree with what Dierdie said about soap.  It's very much a no no in that area.  The natural cleansing process that your body produces is distroyed by soap. Just use water.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 10:13:01 PM by Shadyglade »

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 10:06:28 PM »

Definitely agree with what Dierdie said about soap.  It's very much a no no in that area.  The natural cleansing process that your body produces is distroyed by soap. Just use soap.
  Don't you mean "just use water"  🙂

Sparrow

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2019, 10:12:28 PM »

Definitely agree with what Dierdie said about soap.  It's very much a no no in that area.  The natural cleansing process that your body produces is distroyed by soap. Just use soap.
  Don't you mean "just use water"  🙂

Yep, sorry. I shouldn't be posting this time of night, it's way past my bed time.

Patsie

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 07:19:59 AM »

I used estriol on exterior after pessary before going to bed and the next day it was still uncomfortable.  Are you supposed to get instant soothing or does it need to build up using the estriol exterior daily before the burning stops?

Joaniepat

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 07:54:57 AM »

I used estriol on exterior after pessary before going to bed and the next day it was still uncomfortable.  Are you supposed to get instant soothing or does it need to build up using the estriol exterior daily before the burning stops?
No, it's not instant soothing. Needs time to build up and repair the tissues.
JP x

Dierdre

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2019, 08:09:08 AM »

I was also prescibed Dermovate initially to help when I was very sore, this does sooth and helps the healing process while the oestrogen works. It can take up to 12 weeks to feel completely comfortable and some need full HRT also to manage atrophy.