Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: 6 months into HRT and confused about my cycle  (Read 596 times)

Sparkler

6 months into HRT and confused about my cycle
« on: August 18, 2019, 03:54:31 PM »

Dear ladies

I am confused and concerned as I keep starting to bleed on day 6 or 7 of utrogestan.

As a brief history I am 49 and peri, started hrt 25 mg evorel patches with 200 mg Utro orally for 12 days each month. Felt ok but did not bleed at all, only very mildest spotting day 9 of Utro. Still had some flushes and some weepy episodes.

After 3 months I increased to 50 mg patches. Bled fine the first month but for the last 2 months I have started to bleed on day 6 or 7 of Utro. Last month I stopped the Utro when the bleeding began on day 7 and just let the period happen. This month am now bleeding again on day 6 of the utro, which means only 3 weeks since the last bleed.

Firstly, I am confused as to why my body is doing the opposite. Can I be someone who doesn't absorb utrogestan? Do I need more of it? Does it just not work in some ppl?

Secondly, am I best to continue for the full 12 days, or should I stop again and let the bleed happen. If I keep doing this I'll be on a 3 week cycle, which is not really fun.

Any advice or similar experiences would be appreciated.

Sparkler
X

Sparkler

Re: 6 months into HRT and confused about my cycle
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 05:25:30 AM »

So, as an update, I took day 7 of Utro last night and this morning am bleeding much more heavily. This is exactly what happened last month and led me to stop the Utro.

I am hoping there is someone out there who knows if it's better to keep with the12 days or better to stop and just only ever do 6 days of progesterone. Am worried that if I keep on with the utrogestan, i'll Bleed for the next 5 days and then some more!

S x

sheila99

Re: 6 months into HRT and confused about my cycle
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 09:42:28 AM »

Are you in peri? If so it will be your own cycle coming into play. I've had problems because I have a longer natural cycle and on a 28 day hrt cycle I can bleed at any phase of the cycle. So now I align the hrt cycle to my own, I'm fortunate as I can tell when I ovulate and start utro then. If I bleed before I finish the 12 days I stop. It works for me but not sure it's the 'right' thing to do. I reckon as long as it's a proper bleed the lining should stay thin (and some people only use it for 7 days anyway). It isn't unusual to go through a phase of shorter periods in peri.