Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Suffering in silence! Bloating and poo story!  (Read 26541 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Suffering in silence! Bloating and poo story!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 07:43:06 AM »

OK - scalpel put away >wave Groundhog<

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2019, 10:35:35 AM »

;D Seriously though Turkish Delight please get yourself checked out. Any new digestive symptoms lasting for longer than a few weeks need to be mentioned to the GP especially if bloating is part of it. Have you still got your ovaries? My friend has just lost her daughter to ovarian cancer at the age of 41. Her only symptoms for a year were nuisance but manageable sporadic diarrhoea which she put down to IBS/hormones and uncomfy bloating. It's not worth ignoring symptoms such as these.

Taz x

sheila99

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 10:58:02 AM »

:wub:  did you miss anything in particular  ;)

When bloated and if I lay in the bath I can watch wind going through my belly from the naval downwards.   :o.  Like a little critter wandering around  :D
Did you see Aliens?? Be afraid...

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2019, 12:01:52 PM »

:wub:  did you miss anything in particular  ;)

When bloated and if I lay in the bath I can watch wind going through my belly from the naval downwards.   :o.  Like a little critter wandering around  :D
Did you see Aliens?? Be afraid...
;D ;D ;D

Turkish delight

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2019, 12:07:48 PM »

Thanks Taz for your concern, I love that your so caring  :foryou:

I have a cut-off point in my mind which is to the end of the month. If things don't get better by then then I will have to go to my GP.

Don't like the idea of someone rummaging around back there. A digital exam fills me with dread, but to quote the "Bowel Babe"..."Don't die of embarrassment" and quite right you both are.

TD

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2019, 12:41:31 PM »

I agree it is embarrassing but necessary. Not sure why we find the back passage so difficult. Unless you've had bleeding during bowel movements I don't think the rummaging will happen?  ;D Anyway it's not that bad even if it does! Hopefully you will be better soon and you won't need to go.

Taz x  :)

Turkish delight

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2019, 01:25:25 PM »

That makes me feel better Taz :D

Nope no bleeding or soreness thank goodness. Though will still go as you say bcz heard once you see blood in poo it's kinda too late.

I've heard of women suffering these symptoms for a year before seeing Doc. One that's not wise, & poo...I mean two...wink..how do they cope for so long.

TD
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 01:32:14 PM by Turkish delight »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2019, 05:12:47 PM »

I shut my eyes if I think I might see anything untoward  ;D

Back passage is private, tight and potential painful!  Also, breaking wind is embarrassing ......... even though we know that Consultants have heard it all B4 they haven't heard my wind B4  :-\

Make the appt. TD B4 you need it, you can cancel - rather than wait another ? weeks ? to see the GP!

Turkish delight

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2019, 06:51:42 PM »

Hi again girls!

So I have prebooked a GP apmnt for 2 weeks. I still have severe wind, bloating, trapped wind and a change to my normal bowel habits.

I can't help thinking it is related to hormones. I'm so lost. If is a hormone imbalance thing I want to give hrt a chance before packing it in.

All I know is i didn't have any gastro issues on 1 pump and 100mg 14 days utro. I keep changing my gel up and down bcz I don't know what the right ratio should be for me. As had some meno symptoms come back on 4 months of 1 pump.

Should I stop altogether and see if my bowels clear up, or go down to 1 pump O gel again?

Getting crazed and confused trying to work this out.

TD

Cassie

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2019, 07:08:20 PM »

I agree with Tazz, its highly unlikely to be the Utrogestan. I have been on it and the gel for 15 yrs and whilst it can cause one to feel slightly bloated, the diarrhoea is not one of the side effects. A visit to your GP is a good idea with any change in bowel habit. A simple 5 minute scope known as a sigmoidoscopy can put your mind at ease and will be able to pick up if its perhaps diverticulitis or even an allergy thats causing the upsets. All the best.

Turkish delight

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2019, 07:27:23 PM »

Thanks Cassie, I will go don't worry, I just want to try and work it out in the 2 weeks I have before my apmnt if I possibly can.

I'm now thinking it's the estrogel as this issues been for 2 months continuous, not just in Utro phase, that or maybe the ratio between O and utro.

I think I started experimenting with my O dose going between 1 and 2 pumps changing it every week or so bcz I'm clueless lol! My utro has always been 14x100mg vaginally. I wish I wrote it down, maybe I did write when I upped O, will check my diary.

TD

Jari

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2019, 07:45:21 PM »

Hi TD

I have a feeling it's most likely the hrt causing it as hormone therapy has an effect on the cells in the gastrointestinal tract. I think, as you're still peri, it's probably the dose is too high for you. As you say you've been changing doses a bit, maybe try just sticking to eg one pump shared on both legs per day for a week and see what happens. Just a thought.. x

Turkish delight

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2019, 08:25:51 PM »

Thank you Jari for taking the time to help me.

I'm thinking that's got to be worth a whirl. I really hope it is this as I've done so well on my regime until this happened.

TD

Turkish delight

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2019, 09:56:30 AM »

Update and a question.

So I'm still in a poop situation, I have an apmnt with my GP on the 3rd so early next week.
Hopefully I won't hear the words bowel cancer but will see :'(

An unrelated question is about an endo scan. should I be having them? I'm 6 months into hrt started at 1 pump O gel every other day and then for the past 3 months been on 1 pump a day, always having 14x100mg Utro vaginally.
I have only had one proper bleed which was at the 2-month mark when I was on less O gel. What's going on down there....anyone?

TD

Butterfly22

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2019, 11:05:24 AM »

I have the opposite, I'm so constipated and starting to get me down. If I don't have senna tea and three senna tablets each night I don't go. I'm to embarrassed to go to talk to the doctor xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7