Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: High testosterone levels  (Read 1463 times)

Bobidy

High testosterone levels
« on: November 05, 2019, 12:22:01 PM »

Hi

I've just had my testosterone and SHBG results back and they are abnormal and look really high!

It's 5 weeks since I started the Androfemme and it's taken 2 weeks to get these results back.

I'll send the results to Dr Newson later but, obviously, I'm having a bit of a panic now and wondering whether to stop using it. Has anybody else had this? X

Perinowpost

Re: High testosterone levels
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 12:28:47 PM »

What are the readings Bobidy?x

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 01:20:36 PM »

Female testosterone 1.9
SHBG 148

Lolafraola

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 01:29:30 PM »

Hi Bobidy,

My testosterone levels were over >5, and I had no adverse effects apart from a raging libido (though I don't consider that adverse)  ;D. My Dr didn't seem n the least concerned. I wouldn't panic and stop the testosterone if you feel ok on it. If you want to reduce your levels just cut back a little.

Good luck

LFx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 01:36:34 PM »

Hi Bobidy - according to the RCOG ( can;t find the link at the mo') your testosterone is within range - given as 0.5-3 (but depends on the lab's own ref range) and SHBG is a little over - given as 18-144. What is crucial is the Female Androgen Index because it is free (ie bio-available) testosterone which is apparently important but your measurement will be for total T (most likely).

The FAI is caculcated as Total T/SHBG x 100 and in range of 0.5 - 6.5.

Therefore yours is 1.28 - so within range. As your T levels are also within range then  there is no problem with this from what I can work out?

Woew Lolafraola > 5  :o. That is quite high! What was your SHBG?

Dinna fret Bobidy :)

Hurdity x

Lolafraola

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 02:20:53 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

SHBG levels were normal as I recall though not the exact numbers. But to go back to the high level of testosterone, when I reduced the dosage (10mg daily over 3 months) to using 10 mg every 3 days, levels fell quite rapidly to around 2.5.

LF x

Bobidy

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 04:07:04 PM »

Phew, thanks ladies, great to hear from you Hurdity x