Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Please help me....aaaargh so unhappy  (Read 695 times)

Primrose

Please help me....aaaargh so unhappy
« on: August 11, 2019, 03:38:03 PM »

Dear Everyone, you have all been so helpful in the past.....

I previously had so many symptoms, fab GP diagnosed Meno and prescribed Elleste Duet 1mg, almost two symptom free years have past.

Imagine my horror when I could no longer get Elleste Duet, I am just starting my  3rd month on Femoston.

I feel utterly awful, emotionally and mentally  so so awful. I feel anxious, devastated by everything and nothing, anxious, panic attacks x 2, so worried, angry, irrational, crying all the time. If I am really honest and I think I must be I have honestly thought I don't even want to be here, that thought passes over me in waves...but it does pass. I am constantly worrying

Physically - within 2 weeks of starting new HRT burning mouth...for 3 weeks, so awful,  headaches, I cannot sleep, I am hot but not flushed or I am cold...I have this awful crawly skin feeling in random parts of my body plus pins and needles type feelings in hands and feet my elbows hurt, my knees hurt...my reflux has started up again

What can I do? I am so distressed, this is how I presented way back. I felt so thrilled that the first HRT prescribed worked....I feel so angry and cheated I have been forced to change.

Is it the change of meds...has anyone else had this, I just want to be normal again...I feel like I am being tickled sometimes all over me sometimes on one side....I ache....my eyes are dry

I recognise all the symptoms, exactly the same as before I started Elleste, I am scared....I am so so tired I honestly don't know how to help myself.

I feel bloated...no appetite, I feel so unattractive and I feel you may all think I am a moaning old woman who needs to get a grip, I am 51.

I don't seem able to hold my wee as well either, I am itchy...oh please help me WHY DID THEY HAVE TO CHANGE MY HRT? WILL IT EVER BE RE STOCKED AGAIN?

I am told my B12 is on the low side but no treatment mentioned,

Thank you so much for reading my post, I would very much value some support x

Dotty

Re: Please help me....aaaargh so unhappy
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 04:49:52 PM »

Hi Novofem is the equivalent of Elleste Duet 1mg x

Jari

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 05:15:00 PM »

Hi Primrose, sorry to read what a horrible time you're going through!!

When was your last period ie where are you in your menopause?

It's a possibility that your natural hormones have now settled and you no longer need hrt and taking these extra hormones that you don't need are causing you the problems?!

Either way, it doesn't sound good for you, this latest hormone...

Would you give yourself a few months off hrt altogether so you are able to see where you're at?

X

JJS

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 02:55:14 PM »

I could have written your posting as I was in this situation earlier this year. Go back to your GP and check dosages of medication. I got through it by taking all the medication they threw at me - anti depressants, HRT, sleeping tablets. But one of the best things for me was to see a therapist - CBT counselling. Also, I use a meditation app called Calm to help deal with the anxiety and emotional waves - its been very helpful for me - as has been acupuncture. 
You will get through this, it will be good days and bad, but once your meds are all sorted, you will return to being you and fell so much better. stay strong, big hugs x