Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Pulsing tinnitus  (Read 33528 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Pulsing tinnitus
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 12:17:48 PM »

Your not Billy no mates
I had it and still do have it
juts take good care :-*
Suzi Q

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »

It's at it badly this morning everywhere I go there's this background noise and slight pulsing  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 04:06:50 PM »

Pressed the 'search' button  ;D - the noise is less this afternoon!

ruth

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »

I have literally just started getting this in the last couple of weeks (sort of whooshing pulse noise in my ears, really mainly at night). I googled too - what a mistake! But it seems from the responses that this is awfully common, although glad you're going to get it checked out to set your mind at rest. Also i've just started taking venlaflaxine to see if it helps with hot flushes - and when I checked it seems tinnitus is a rare side effect of it and many other drugs. So if you've started any new medication in the last few months it may be that that is the culprit?

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 01:17:53 PM »

Aaaah  I take an AD too so maybe ? It's quiet this morning  ::)

ruth

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »

I get it at night only, or more specifically when I'm lying down. I'm trying to be cool, calm and collected about it, athough fed up of getting more and more symptoms every day (or so it seems). I'm actually due to see a cardiologist (very breathless - they don't seem to think there's much wrong with me and it might just be panic/anxiety, it has certainly improved since i switched hrts, but I saw the doc about it in October and its taken til now to get a referral) so I shall mention it and see if she's concerned, but tinnitus is wildly common and all the terrifying conditions associated with it are super rare and also tend to come with lots of other symptoms which happily, and I've just touched wood, we don't have ...

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 04:24:32 PM »

If mine irritates at night I wriggle the lobe up and down and put my finger into the ear and wriggle hard.  Sometimes that is enough to dis-lodge the feeling.

As for the breathelessness, I get that when I feel bloated.  I had it during my menstruating years, filled with water and felt asthmatic.  HORMONES  >:(  sometimes I can't take a deep breath in completely and have to have several goes before I can draw a proper breath!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »

My old thread resurrected!

I couldn't be bothered to read all the posts so can't remember if I posted to tell everyone what was causing mine.

Before I freak anyone I would like to say that true pulsitile tinnitus is there 24/7,  it does not come and go.
I can ignore mine nearly all the time but if asked to listen for it even in a noisy room I can hear it when I tune it to it so if yours comes and goes its not true pulsitile tinnitus, its still tinnitus but not quite the same .

I freaked myself out reading all the worst case scenarios about causes of constant pulsing in one ear and was convinced I had a blood vessel about to burst in my head, I paid for a mri scan as nhs only scanned my neck arteries and the mri found a teeny weeny cyst on my brain stem near where the jugular artery enters brain and this is what I am hearing as the cyst is transmitting the sound through my skull to my ear. Only I could have this ;D

I had a repeat mri two years later and the cyst hasn't changed so thats that.

It would not have mattered whether I had the scan or not but I wanted to rule out the about to burst blood vessel in brain which of course I did not have.

So to all of you with intermittant whooshing in ears this is nearly always caused by ear/simus issues or side effect of tablets. My husband gets lots of catarrh in his inner ears and he gets the whooshing on and off as well  so nothing to worry about.

silverlady

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »

I still get this, and a  blocked ear sometimes, and a diagnosis of BPPV ::) ::)

I too like countrybumkin worried about a pulsing blood vessel about to burst in my head, that was in 2009 I think but I am still here.

I was told I had a narrow Eustachian ear canal that could be causing a lot of my problems with my right ear, not life threatening but annoying to live with.

silverlady x

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »

Certainly annoying but not present at this moment.  thanks for the clarification!

ruth

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 06:22:40 PM »

One of the many reasons I've been grateful to for this site is the knowledge that I'm not the only person who gets, like, an itchy finger and manages to convince myself I'm dying of some fabulously rare and entirely untreatable neurological disease ... I had a (real) lump in my breast some years ago which obviously I got checked out and was only a cyst. But the doctor said to keep on checking, and I subsequently went to him with another lump .... he looked at me like I was a nutter and said: "That's a rib".

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »

"that's a rib"  ::) ;D ........... did he smile?  All breast lumps need checking by someone who is not emotionally involved  ;)

Ears don't feel bunged up this evening hence no tinnitus  8)

san

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 08:29:25 AM »

Hearing aids are worn to help with tinnitus. Not sure how it works though. You can ask for a hearing test from GP.

Suzi Q

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 09:58:56 AM »

Happy your OK xxx

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 04:03:52 PM »

Sometimes they can mask other noises.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4