Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Does the estrogen gel absorb better or patches  (Read 6459 times)

Ruby10

Does the estrogen gel absorb better or patches
« on: August 01, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »

I am on everol sequi and have noticed even on the everol 50 patches I am feeling low. Do you think they have stopped absorbing? They worked for for so many months but wonder if they are not working properly now. I am thinking of having the coil fitted but what goes best with this estrogen patches or the estrogen gel?

Tinkerbell

Re: Does the estrogen gel absorb better or patches
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 09:40:27 PM »

I have a mirena and use Estrogel, for me it absorbs better than patches, i had trouble with them sticking and when they did stick the adhesive iritated my skin.

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 10:00:24 PM »

It's the same stuff Ruby10 (estradiol) just different method of delivery. I preferred the patches to the gel as I found it more consistent.  Maybe it's the progesterone that's making you feel low, it's the part most people have problems with x

Salad

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 10:16:53 PM »

The gel works really well for some people.
For me I absorbed it too quickly so my Oestrogen level would spike really high then plummet.
I have tried several types of patches: Estraderm, Everol, Femseven and finally settled on Estradot.
Estradot stick really well, don't cause my skin to react and are really small compared to the other patches I used.

So much is based on trial and error until you find what suits you best - good luck  :D