Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Overdose  (Read 9506 times)

Lanzalover

Re: Overdose
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2019, 07:10:17 PM »

Great news racjen enjoy your weekend.

Lanzalover x

racjen

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2019, 10:16:27 PM »

Thanks everyone - now happily installed at my brothers in Sidmouth for a couple of days of sea air and film watching. Just watched 'Eddie the Eagle'  - had forgotten what a great film it is x

racjen

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2019, 11:41:48 AM »

Just had a swim in a very choppy sea at Sidmouth - bliss! Nearly two weeks off the booze and I can honestly say I have absolutely no desire to drink, feel so much better without it. Buying myself a reward every week I stay dry - this week's is going to be a vintage Led Zep t-shirt, 2nd hand from Ebay. Can't wait  ;D xxx

Foxylady

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2019, 02:07:05 PM »

what a great idea racjen re buying a weekly reward, will hopefully keep you motivated & the fact that you are feeling an imporvement in your health. Good for you re swim, not a day for it here in Scotland! x

racjen

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2019, 05:08:33 PM »

Not only did they send me home, they just looked at me and said 'how are going to get home then?' It was 11pm, I was in my PJs and had only my phone, nothing else. Ex-husband was too exhausted to come and get me, so I had to get a taxi home (£25) and get my debit card from the house to pay him. Unbelievable. think I'm going to make a formal complaint....x

dangermouse

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2019, 10:12:57 PM »

So sorry to hear what you've been through, but glad things are looking up now. Well done!

NorthArm

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2019, 08:11:57 AM »

Such wonderful news racjen ❤️❤️❤️

Jeepers

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2019, 07:13:42 AM »

Hi Racjen

I've just read your whole thread.  So, so sorry to hear that you got the point where you overdosed, but was really happy to read your story, and that things are improving for you, and you are getting the support you need.  I spent a weekend in Sidmouth lately, it was fabulous.  The walks were very challenging though, all those cliffs!

I was also really interested in your bits about alcohol.  I feel like I am at the other end.  I rarely drink, but just lately I have been having a glass or two (not more) on a Saturday night, and can suddenly understand why people turn to alcohol.  My anxiety goes away for those few hours, and I just don't care anymore.  I know its a terrible thing to think, but I could so easily just do that all the time.

how awful that they sent you home like that!  My sister lives in Torquay, and I am shocked.  When we compare notes on GPs and stuff, the service always seems much better down there. 

Keep going racjen, you are doing brilliantly :-)

Much love

Jeepers xx

racjen

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2019, 08:17:24 AM »

Thanks Jeepers. I have to say that my experience of Torbay hospital has been mixed, it's also where I I had my cancer and the breast care unit is very good, but the A & E dept was pretty grim, but then I suppose they are under an awful lot of pressure. IAs far as the alcohol goes  I can honestly say I'm not missing it; my mood is better, depression almost vanishes and anxiety much reduced. I could feel a difference within days of stopping and it's gets better and better the longer I'm off it. It'll be a month next Monday, and as it happens I'm going to my uncle's 80th birthday party so will treat that as a celebration for me too! xxx

Jillm

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2019, 11:09:43 AM »

Well done Racgen,so please to hear you are doing so well.
Never was a huge drinker, and I  now drink a lot less than I did previously, but when I do indulge it makes me feel rubbish.
Just back from Greece and had more than I would usually, did feel a bit crap a couple of times. Best not to indulge.
Off to Nice later today, I will keep myself in check. Feeling more normal and not upsetting the meno beast is way better than short lived pleasure of alcohol.
Keep well❤️
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]