Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Overdose  (Read 9511 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Re: Overdose
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2019, 03:50:22 PM »

Fantastic news. Glad you're going home for your daughter's birthday, hope it goes well & small step to being home permanently.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2019, 05:01:40 PM »

Brilliant news Racjen.....keep going girl....
Wishing you all the best, and enjoy your daughters birthday....

Xx

Foxylady

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2019, 05:42:11 PM »

That's great news racjen, happy birthday to your daughter! Glad you are feeling more positive & hope you have ongoing support after discharge. x

Annie0710

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2019, 10:18:45 AM »

Aw Racjen so sorry to hear how horrible you've been feeling.  Hope this break does all good for you xxx

NorthArm

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2019, 08:08:55 AM »

Wonderful news Racjen - have a wonderful time with your daughter xx

Padine

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2019, 12:06:16 PM »

Remember there are lots of us sending love and support racjen, you've done so well so far, lots of us taking baby steps together = success

Padine xx

racjen

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2019, 03:03:21 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm home! Been discharged today and feeling good. Just been phoned by my mental health care co-ordinator to arrange a meeting - didn't even know I was getting one  ;D. Good to be home. Love to you all xxx

racjen

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2019, 03:07:13 PM »

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

I need more info racjen! Tell me more when you have time please! So very happy to hear from you. ❤️

What do you want to hear about? I'm happy to tell you the whole sorry tale in detail if you want, but maybe there's something specific you're wondering about? PM me and I'll spill whatever beans need spilling  ;D xxx

racjen

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2019, 06:09:25 PM »

OK, let's see. I took my whole week's supply of diazepam (I'm on 14mg a day so that's a LOT), three packs of Prozac (30 tabs in each I think) washed down with a bottle of wine. They got me to hospital within a few hours and monitored me but there was no need for anything horrible like stomach pumping, just had very low blood pressure so needed fluid drip for a while. Was discharged that night, Crisis Team came the next day and suggested I go into this Crisis support place. Amazing place - just a house with 4 private bedrooms, lounge, kitchen etc. Support staff were on duty 24 hrs a day so whenever I needed to talk, cry, have a complete meltdown, someone was there to hold me. And I did spend the first 3 or 4 days crying, racked with guilt, beating myself up, but they talked to me a lot and very slowly I started to feel more positive, so then they started taking me out on little trips, but always very gentle, at my pace.

So after about 3 days the Crisis Team brought a consultant to talk to me about onward plans. I had been drinking very heavily, gradually it had built up to at least a bottle of wine a day, often more and earlier and earlier in the day. So he said we have to tackle that before we can do anything else, because it's causing a lot of the mood problems itself. I'd got into a self-destructive spiral where alcohol was the only thing that gave me relief from the anxiety and depression, but in the long term it was actually feeding it. No alcohol allowed in the crisis house, so I haven't had a drink for 10 days and so far I don't miss it, I can feel the difference - both anxiety and depression have lessened dramatically. We agreed that ADs are really bad news for me so I'm not on anything else apart from diazepam at the moment, will have to tackle that dependence once I'm on top of the alcohol one. I'm still on Evorel 100 and continuous Provera and that seems to be working better for me than bloody Utrogestan too.

Ongoing - I have my own mental health care co-ordinator, I have support from an alcohol support service, I have my lovely GP just down the road, and if I feel I'm going downhill I can contact the Crisis Team or my GP. Plus lots of lovely friends very nearby. And if it gets bad again I can go back into the Crisis house. They were the most compassionate, lovely people, all with different backgrounds and different bits of advice and help. I felt safe and looked after and I learnt a huge amount about keeping myself well.

That's probably enough for now, I could write a whole essay but I need some dinner! Big big kiss to you too darling xxx

Foxylady

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2019, 09:06:23 AM »

Lovely to hear from you racjen. I'm so pleased you have had such a positive/supportive experience from the crisis team & the support place, so often it is not the case. Glad to hear you are feeling improvement since not drinking, hopefully that will encourage you to continue & especially when you don't feel  like you are missing it. Take care & make the most of the 'lovelly friends, compassionate lovely people' surrounding you. x

Ladybt28

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2019, 10:07:44 PM »

Alcohol is a very powerful depressant - my son is to all intents and purposes a functioning alcoholic but doesn't think he consumes too much because he only drinks in the evening and not during the day but it creeps up on you and he is on maximum AD's but if he is with me he cuts down his drinking and feels better but then when he goes home...off he goes again!
I am so happy you feel better and have had the proper people to look after you...I'm praying that everything continues to be ok now you are home....at least should something come at you at left field you have the right people to support you and a place you can go if something becomes to much.

We were worried about you racjen and have missed you here. :bighug:

racjen

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2019, 08:48:13 AM »

One of the support workers was an ex-alcoholic, had got to the point where he was drinking a litre and a half of vodka a day. Then also got diagnosed with bi-polar. That was 7 years ago, and now he's doing fine and helping other people. Talking to someone who got thru that really helped - if he could win out from that then I can beat my problem, especially with the support I'm getting.

I'm doing fine, went to my yoga class yesterday and then for coffee with all my yogabuddies, and I'm smiling and laughing for the first time in ages. I know it'll go up and down, but I've got a list of strategies as long as my arm  so fingers crossed I'll be OK. And also, I have to say that Provera is suiting me much better than utrogestan - can't say the anxiety has gone completely but it is much much less than before.

I'm so touched by how much you all care, thankyou lovelies xxx

Foxylady

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2019, 08:53:09 AM »

That's really great news Racjen. Enjoy your weekend. x

Dotty

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2019, 09:09:29 AM »

Lovely to read your recent post Racjen xxx😘

sheila99

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2019, 09:30:25 AM »

I'm so glad things are looking up for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4