Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: 'climate change' protestors  (Read 3574 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
'climate change' protestors
« on: July 20, 2019, 05:13:31 PM »

Does anyone C the irony in all this?

How do the protesters reach their appointed Cities in order to have a sit in?
How did the boat: bought off e-Bay for £850.00 reach Cardiff [I think?] - was it pushed/shoved there or on a low-loader?
How many of these people are wearing completely 'green' clothing?

Add to the fact that in London in May 3 Ambulances and 2 fire-engines were blocked from reaching their targets - and a man this week was unable to get to Hospital to sit with his dying father  :'( due to the road being blocked.

How is it that one is allowed to bring the UK economy almost to a stand-still?  In the UK we have the right to march; that right fought hard for; but more than 5 people can be construed as 'a riot' so the Act should be read, regardless of whether it is a peaceful demonstration.  It would be more encouraging if a small representation of their protesters were to quietly sit in, out of the general thorough-fare and hand out leaflets, or book a hall so that they can talk to people.

They certainly don't have me on side!  How much money is it costing to Police these demonstrations?  How many Police Officers are being taken off main-line duties in order to .............  :cuss: it is not what I pays my taxes for!

Foxylady

Re: 'climate change' protestors
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 05:37:32 PM »

here, here!! ;)

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 06:31:06 PM »

:thankyou:

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 04:22:43 PM »

They blocked Bristol city centre too,really good for the climate to have all those cars sitting idling,twice as long as they would've been had protestors not been there.
I'm all for helping with saving the planet but pleeeease don't be a hypocrite,which half of these people clearly are.
Emma Thompson for one,who flew 1st class to get to one parade to help with their protest 🤷‍♀️

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 05:06:41 PM »

Yep.  I think that it's time that the Police moved them on as soon as they arrive.  After all, social media - it's on there, where to meet, what to take.  Tents!!! yet they move the homeless on  :'(

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 05:50:15 PM »

I couldn't understand why they weren't moved on,surely causing an obstruction is illegal? So many people late for important things,do any of them work?how come they have all this free time to sit on a road?

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 06:01:56 PM »

'causing an obstruction' is open to interpretation.  Apparently.  I have had it out with local Officers and not 1 will let me know what 'obstruction' consists of.  We have dreadful parking problems.  But no one should be allowed to bring a City to a halt!