Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Time to switch  (Read 915 times)

Pinkfizz

Time to switch
« on: July 20, 2019, 10:45:17 AM »

Morning all

I've been on Cyclical HRT for 4 years and I'm now 52, I swapped 6 months ago to femoston 2/10 as I wanted to try a milder progesterone as my PMT symptoms were bad and I felt I needed an increase in oestrogen  However, I don't see much difference if the truth is know...I'm still tetchy  ;D

Anyhow, I have never bleed on HRT and my doctor recently has said that it's time for me to go on a continuous HRT...do people who have swapped find the PMS symptoms are less or more than you are on combined ?

HRT made a huge difference to my life and I don't want to balls it up now.

Thank you x

pepperminty

Re: Time to switch
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 07:53:44 AM »

Hi

I am wondering the same thing and would be interested in replies.

PMX

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 09:04:20 AM »

If you are happy on cyclical hrt then you don't have to switch to continuous. Why change something that's working? X

Pinkfizz

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 09:24:59 AM »

Hi Dotty...I will have no choice, my doctor is wanting to change..i presume cyclical HRT is for peri and as I don't bleed I would presume I'm over it (kind of).

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 10:02:59 AM »

Hi your theory seems correct but anything can happen if you swap hrt. The continuous form of Femoston contains less oestrogen than the cyclical and that causes problems for some ladies x

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 02:05:07 PM »

I am 57 PinkFizz and peperminty and was prescribed continuous hrt but I just can't take it that way...too much progesterone on continuous so I still use a cycle.  It sent me crazy.  There is no hard and fast rule that you must change from one to the other, its whatever suits, so you do have a choice...oh and by the way its not your doctor who is taking the stuff is it?
The theory says that it should be ok,  but the practice (stories of which you can find all over this form..) is a very different matter.  I will not change now I have found a regime that works for all the tea in china!  Its a bit like GP's theories that all hrt preparations are "the same"...well they are not.

What I have learnt is that once you have something that is working, stick with it..."if it aint broke...don't fix it" isn't that the phrase?  GPs say it will be fine..  ha ha...  those particular idiots obviously don't read this forum. Your choice but I'm with Dotty why risk upsetting the apple cart?  xx